#3565  by Benthegoodbum

I've never been very good at writing songs but that has not deterred me from writing them. I was thinking that maybe if I saw what some other peoples inspirations were that maybe I could find something to help me along in my aspirations as a musician. So...as the title indicates, whats your inspiration for writing songs lyrically speaking.

#3583  by fum84

no one can give you inspiration. you have to find it yourself.

#3615  by Benthegoodbum

Yea, but I ask you this...what if the inspiration of one man was the inspiration of others...would that make him any less of a man? So philipholophical! :shock:
Anyway, I was only curious of others inspirations musically. Personally I just kinda write what comes to me. It is often nothing special but sometimes I can nail a real good song.

#3656  by deadbaby1983

Hmm well...ask yourself what sort of song do you intend to write...then write what you KNOW

#3658  by sarraqum

Like Tom Petty said in one of the Simpsons episodes: "Lyrics are the hardest part of writing a song"....or something like that.
I find words come to you better after a :D but each to his own...

#3668  by deadbaby1983

I also find that if you are not feeling particularly inspired or just have a block, sitting down and writing... maybe just its awful dreck, maybe not...but i tend to work out ideas better on paper...get all of your bad songs out, critique and be brutally honest. Of course with a little help :D inspiration is always just down the road.