rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#75559  by Scott Bardolf
 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 pm
My old piano player thought it was......." if you play nice your gonna always win, Roll away the dew...." He by the way quit Halfstep, found God after a bad trip at Bonnaroo, joined the seminary, quit the seminary and now pickets abortion clinics on Saturday mornings for fun! :roll:
 #76097  by jeffm725
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 am
Not a Dead tune, but this is just so frickin' classic it HAS to be part of this thread:

Joe Cocker's with a Little Help from my Friends With Captions!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xJWxPE8G2c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xJWxPE8G2c&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
 #76099  by jeffm725
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 am
Oh and how could we have left off maybe the all time classic lyric swap..........

Bertha:

I had a Hard-on..........runnin' from your window
 #76101  by Emoto
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:54 am
jeffm725 wrote:Oh and how could we have left off maybe the all time classic lyric swap..........

Bertha:

I had a Hard-on..........runnin' from your window

I always thought it was "I had a hard one" :lol:
 #76118  by hotasaPistol
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 pm
Lets not forget a couple of more

Smooth Vibarator by Sade

I just wanna be her Underwear by Elvis

:lol:
 #76120  by mijknahs
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:37 pm
I think EVERYONE though Bob said "Dark Star" (instead of Dog Star) in Lost Sailor. I remember thinking back in the day, "Yeah, where is the Dark Star? When are they going to break that out again?"

Jim
 #76278  by jeffm725
 Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:07 pm
mijknahs wrote:I think EVERYONE though Bob said "Dark Star" (instead of Dog Star) in Lost Sailor. I remember thinking back in the day, "Yeah, where is the Dark Star? When are they going to break that out again?"

Jim
TOTALLY!! Everyone did think Dark Star there..........Deadheads can be very lemming like sometimes.....

Also, Black Muddy River.The line "When it seems like the night will last forever"....... and everyone cheers.... was kind of stupid....the actual meaning in the context of the song would not be something that should elicit a cheer.