#44310  by High Peaks

Not really about the Dead, but,,,..,,

Hey everyone. I shouldn't be posting this. I don't even know if it is true or not, so here goes::
I live in saratoga Springs, the same town Trey has called home this past summer.

Anyway- a local who was in rehab with him is good friends with our bass player. ( She gave me some of his used picks, how corny am i)

She told ud that the guys from Phish was at his place all the time working on new material, and are getting ready to go back in the studio to record a new album. He just finished his treatment, so he can leave the area again. Maybe we'll seeanother tour here soon.

Like i said- Not sure if its true, but its nice to hope!!!

#44313  by spacehead333

Thats a very bold rumour. But i hope that it is true, because I have never seen Phish, and I will probably have to take time off school.

#44321  by weirimpressed

that would be fucking crazy..

but rumours are rumours till I hear something, seems to be about the time for them to come out haha

#44330  by spilly

I do enjoy a good Phish show, but one wonders if it's a good idea for Trey to jump right back into the frey. I'd like to see him stay clean this time. I've found his post phish playing to be mediocre at best. Back in the day he was one of the most creative guitar players around, but his creativity and skill doesn't seem to hold up when he's using heavily. I hope it works out for him.

#44332  by bucketorain

what was he in rehab for?

#44346  by weirimpressed

a mix of things, but I think mostly heroin and opiates, he really liked getting dowwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

i think they should give a couple more years, the scene is really open for everybody right now.

plus, think how big it would get instanly if phish began to tour again, it'd be like bonnaroo's all over the place haha (not saying it wouldnt be phun!!! :cool: )

#44353  by bucketorain

too bad musicians have to get into that bad shit...

#44355  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Musicians are the only ones we hear about into it. I have two friends, both lawyers now who went through H rehab. Their stories just aren't sexy.

I live down in Miami Beach and saw Page a couple of weeks ago walking with his wife and daughter. (He has a condo down here) He was smiling, eating ice cream, basically looked to be in bliss.

That's the thing about H, it sucks that happiness out of you. It's funny, because when I saw Page, I immediately thought about Trey and I was imagining Trey at the same moment and if he was as happy as Page appeared to be.

Trey lives a few blocks away from my best friend in NYC. He sees him a lot, always says he looks like total shit. I talked to him today and he said he saw Trey last night at their local bodega and said Trey was looking great! Maybe that is a good sign of things to come. I just hope the rumors are true not for our sake, but for Trey's. I think facing his demons and beating them on the road with Phish is about the only way he can regain that sense of happiness we all hope to have.
Last edited by Crazy 9.5 Fingers on Tue May 27, 2008 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

#44357  by weirimpressed

thats pretty cool you live by page, gotta ask him to jam sometime :cool: !!

i hope trey is taking it easy and enjoying making his own jazzed out music right now, horseshoe curve is a great cd if you havent heard it yet. maybe by stressing himself out with music and what-not, he can stay away from the drugs. I dunno, would love to seem them all in full effect again

#44360  by strumminsix

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:Musicians are the only ones we hear about into it.
Richard Pryor, Robert Downey Jr, etc..

#44363  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

OK then, entertainers with a focus on musicians.

#44385  by CountryMile Cadillac

It that we hear about them because they are famous. Unfortunalty I come from a small town that loses a few young folks every year to junk. At least 8 or nine guys and a couple chicks I grew up with have passed on due to that stuff. Danger lurks in comfort I guess...

#44400  by bucketorain

that
's very sad. where are these kids parents!!!!

#44402  by Mick

Actually, some good stuff here:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b138882 ... ation.html

He apparently got his felony conviction reduced to a a misdemeanor and three years probation. Hopefully he takes his probation seriously and stays off the narcotics. Maybe if he can get a streak going, it will help him stay clean, or at least legal.

I have a streak going: Last time I smoked a cigarette = 12/31/96