#36346  by SoulShakedown

tigerstrat wrote:
SoulShakedown wrote:
krzykat wrote:i don't know about anyone else, but this makes me sick! The most antiestablishment band of all time supporting the politics that they fought so had against. :? :? :? :evil:
Agreed 100%

The greatest jam rock band in history? Yes

Men of their word? Negative
WHAT word? Did they sign something saying you own their asses?
Another brilliant statement. Why not ask me what I mean rather then idiotic talk that makes you look foolish?

#36349  by Mr.Charlie

I don't understand this argument at all. The dead can do whatever they want, they're members of this society just as you and I are, and if you're into being "anti-establishment" then what do you support? Condemning people for voicing an opinion? Bashing someone for being openly free about one's opinions? I didn't think so...and they're in no way turning their back's on anyone. In fact, being "anti-establishment" is political in itself. Personally I'm against the "establishment" as it is today, but I live in a reality that says a 180 degree change doesn't happen overnight, it takes steps, and I for one see some of those steps in Barak Obama. I also praise the dead for taking a stand in what they believe, they're not hiding behind anything, they're not hiding behind their "anti-establishment" views as some of you want. What does that mean anyway? To me it means, I hate what's going on, so I'm just going to say that, and then do absolutely nothing about it...

#36354  by willmusic

Pigpen wrote:mmm it wouldnt be a real show anyway. Bobs never played with Phils band so... Most likely a bunch of shorter easier tunes.

I guess I am nitpicking, but yes, Bobby has played w/ P&F. I don't know how I feel about the current lineup, but when I saw it in '02 it was pretty sweet! And I don't know if anyone here agrees, but IMO it can only be better w/ Bob.

#36356  by Pigpen

willmusic wrote:
Pigpen wrote:mmm it wouldnt be a real show anyway. Bobs never played with Phils band so... Most likely a bunch of shorter easier tunes.

I guess I am nitpicking, but yes, Bobby has played w/ P&F. I don't know how I feel about the current lineup, but when I saw it in '02 it was pretty sweet! And I don't know if anyone here agrees, but IMO it can only be better w/ Bob.
Hes played with Jackie Greene and company? I didnt know that. I dont know how well both guitars would mesh though.

#36358  by Chuckles

SoulShakedown wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:
SoulShakedown wrote: Agreed 100%

The greatest jam rock band in history? Yes

Men of their word? Negative
WHAT word? Did they sign something saying you own their asses?
Another brilliant statement. Why not ask me what I mean rather then idiotic talk that makes you look foolish?
Alright...

what do you mean???

#36359  by strumminsix

pappypgh wrote:
I know this is a site that should be free of political stuff, so I'm not gonna tell you all that you should vote one way, or another...but I AM gonna tell you all that you need to be INVOLVED and you need to VOTE and vote with a CONSCIENCE as to what you want from this government. Turning your back is not the answer.
Agree 100%
pappypgh wrote:
To the Republicans, I say: :mad:
Keep in mind this simple concept... The opposition party often keeps your party from taking their legislation too far and passed the point where you wish they'd stop. Many times over the years I have watched each party keep the other from going too far in either direction...

#36366  by ebick

krzykat wrote:i don't know about anyone else, but this makes me sick! The most antiestablishment band of all time supporting the politics that they fought so had against. :? :? :? :evil:
Do you think that they (the members of the Dead) feel like this country would be better without a government? I doubt that's ever been true. So, if there's going to be a government, and they feel that one particular candidate is like minded, why wouldn't they back him?

#36367  by Chuckles

strumminsix wrote:Keep in mind this simple concept... The opposition party often keeps your party from taking their legislation too far and passed the point where you wish they'd stop. Many times over the years I have watched each party keep the other from going too far in either direction...
Yep... the yin and the yang of it, if you will.

This isn't the forum to debate politics, but it just as surely shouldn't be the forum to disparage anyone for freely expressing their support for any politicians either.

Like it or not, this country is run by politicians elected by the will of the people (in most cases :-? ). If someone here or elsewhere chooses to participate in the electoral process, it's pretty lame to condemn them. If someone wants to bash another for not being "anti-establishment" enough, perhaps they ought to reexamine their notion of what it means to have the freedoms of expression I think every one here agrees is so vital to music... it might just apply to the political climate as well.

Sometimes, Peter Pan eventually needs to grow up. 8)

#36375  by jenkins

I think the dead was always more anti music establishment not really anti givernment. I dont remember them ever fighting against politics. They didn't get involved, how is that fighting the establishment?

The dead was never advocating an anti-establishment revolution like some bands form the 60's were.
They were just playing great music. they are certainly not the most anti-establishment band of all time!

Did they ever say that they would never get involved in politics?? i dont think they did.
It seems to me like they are just 4 guys who dont like the direction their country is headed and are in the position to help. What is wrong with that?

#36438  by caspersvapors

as much as people want to deny it

THE 60s ARE FUCKING OVER

the Dead have moved on, why havent you?

#36443  by krzykat

part of what i was saying is that until the electoral college is abolishished it doesnt matter who votes for who, becuz the electoral college (even if the state is won by the dems or reps) can still vote for whoever they want. Until our votes actually count whats the point. none of the candidates are going to make that change. the only candidate that would enact that change is Ron Paul

#36449  by CaptainTrips

I think we should at least look into the idea of having trained monkeys run the country. We can teach them to vote on bills and make all sorts of decisions. And their motives would be prime, they cant be swayed with money or drunken on power!

#36452  by jenkins

krzykat wrote:part of what i was saying is that until the electoral college is abolishished it doesnt matter who votes for who, becuz the electoral college (even if the state is won by the dems or reps) can still vote for whoever they want. Until our votes actually count whats the point. none of the candidates are going to make that change. the only candidate that would enact that change is Ron Paul
I agree about the electoral college and ron paul, but how does that have anything to do with the dead being the most anti-establishment band of all time?

I still don't see a problem with the dead supporting obama. He seems like the best of al the scumbags running for pres.
I wish ron paul would be elected too but it aint gonna happen. The dead knows that, there not stupid.

#36454  by CaptainTrips

I dont know what separates Obama from anyone else. Id rather "waste" a vote for Ron Paul and actually take a stand.