#25174  by b weird

Here's how to create an image signature for all the non computer geeks (no offence computer geeks-I really do envy you). First; you find the image you like. right click it, you will see a bunch of options like: Save Picture As, Set As Background, Copy, Properties, Ect. Click "Properties". A new window should pop up. Go down the page and fine where it says "Address (URL)" next to that should be the URL. Example: "http://dozin.com/jers/guitar/SG.jpg". Highlight this URL and then right click it. Hit "Copy". now go to RUKind, go to the profile screen, go down to Signature, in the blank type: "[img]right%20click%20the%20mouse,%20go%20to%20paste%20the%20URL%20you%20just%20highlighted%20sould%20pop%20up,%20then[/img]". Go down the page and hit submit. Now when you post if you understood my directions you should have the picture of your choice as your signature. Peace.

#25179  by LazyLightnin

I bet within a week we'll all have em. 8)

#25180  by HawaiianDedhed

Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers.

#25183  by Pete B.

Sig test:

Jerry on Pedal Steel.

Oakland Coliseum Stadium - July 24, 1987

Last edited by Pete B. on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#25190  by tigerstrat

I would hope that in the interest of scrollability and screen loading speed, we could limit the size of these signature images to thumbnail size. Like maybe 100x100 maximum??

Some posters are already taking up a lot of space and it becomes pretty wearisome especially in the longer threads with repeat postings of the same image (however cool the image might be).

#25195  by myoung6923

you'll need to use some kind of an image editing program to reduce the size. There's lots of freeware applications out there that will do the job.

Even some of the hosting places like imageshack host for free and will also reduce the size of your images.

#25197  by tigerstrat

gratephulphish123 wrote:i would make mine smaller but i'm an idiot when it comes to computers, how can i make it 100x100?
Well, if it's an image you are hosting on your own site, you can change the image size in Photoshop or the like and re-upload it. If it's someone else's hosted image, you can't change it, but you can search around for a different size version of the same image ... failing that, you might have to choose a different one.

Looking at all these large images, I'm just dreading an influx of repeatedly loaded images that make reading these threads extremely tedious, especially for those of us who only have a DSL connection...