#21058  by razmablues

i have a marshall tsl601, and it had a great built in reverb, but it recently stopped working. i took it in to a local music store and they couldn't tell what is wrong with it. the reverb is required when i'm playing my LP, it really smooths out that rock hard sound.

what do you guys think would be a good, but not way too pricey reverb pedal? or maybe just a multi effect pedal ?

any help would be much appreciated.

#21063  by tigerstrat

The Digitech Digiverb pedal sounds very good for the price. Other than that, maybe an Alesis Nanoverb... a pricier and better way to go is the RealTube RV-1, the tube T-Rex Roommate or the EH Holy,Holier, or Holiest Grails. The Holiest is very complex and tweakable and can get some amazing, fascinating sounds.

However to my mind, nothing- not even a stand alone Fender spring verb unit- can take the place of a good spring reverb circuit built into your amp.

#21094  by razmablues

yeah god.. i don't know, my reverb was great, i think it's just a connection issue, because i haven't had the amp too long, i don't think it's falling apart already

#21133  by tigerstrat

Did they try plugging it into a different tank? That would be a very simple and inexpensive solution, if it IS the solution. Should be either that or one of the associated tubes.

#22935  by mrMix

I use a verbzilla from Line 6. I place it in my effects loop. Actually quite warm sounding and has a nice ducking feature.