rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #20516  by StringCheeseSector9
 Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Hey guys just wondering if there is a Candace Brightman documetary out there or anything on him, He seems like a cool dude and he is a fucking artist, a god at what he did. Somebody fill me in and R.I.P. Candace

 #20523  by Shaggy
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:39 am
Candace Brightman is a woman and I wasn't aware she had passed away.

 #20528  by cuznt
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:14 am
Shaggy wrote:Candace Brightman is a woman and I wasn't aware she had passed away.
thanks..... for a moment my mind was completely blown

a man named candace?
man worse than a boy named sue
or how about a girl named horace?

 #20569  by Shaggy
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:47 am
Nothing beats Marion Morrison!

 #20654  by BuddhaG
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:18 pm
how long was candace with the Dead for? was she around for those early days with the colored oil projections and stuff?

 #20661  by phpbb
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 pm
Candace Brightman is now doing lighting for Widespread Panic. She was alive a few weeks ago.

 #20667  by cuznt
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:58 pm
phpbb wrote:Candace Brightman is now doing lighting for Widespread Panic. She was alive a few weeks ago.
you know she is glad to head that she is not dead. :shock:
and StringCheeseSector9 where did thou hear such things. I would be curious as to why you thought she was a dude,,,

 #20671  by tigerstrat
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:03 pm
BuddhaG wrote:how long was candace with the Dead for? was she around for those early days with the colored oil projections and stuff?
Working from memory... CB met the Dead in approx 1970, when she was house lighting engineer at the Anderson Theater in NYC, and started working for the GD within about a year or less.