Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #12243  by squire758
 Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:02 am
short and sweet. i bought a cheap model cell phone from t-mobile. then i bought a cingular mda from my brother who hacked it and made it work with my SIM. on this new mda, the usb is the charger as well as the sync point for a computer, the usb port is broken and my insurance obviously will only send me the phone i originally bought. is there any way i can get the usb fixed on this thing without shipping it off somewhere? it seems as if there are no stores that will perform service on a phone, all they wanna do is send it back to the manufacturer. i would do that and pay whatever it is but i need my phone i cant just mail it off and be without one until they decide to send mine back. in short, can i get this thing fixed without involving my provider or a manufacturer?

 #12247  by d-v-s
 Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:12 am
squire, if you just want to be able to charge the phone, then I'm 99% sure that you can buy a wall-charger or even car charger for the phone. If the port is broken then it may not help. Drop into any radio shack and they should be able to help you find a charger for it.

if you need to sync this thing to your computer then you gotta get it fixed. I don't know anything about the US mobile phone market, so i can't comment on that.