rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#9554  by ebick
 Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:17 pm
oh yeah, that was some time ago.

#9557  by phreaker
 Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm
damn dude. i met mike a few months back. seemed like a normal guy. maybe he is, maybe it was just a wierd "misunderstanding."

when was this, though?

#9559  by strumminsix
 Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
It was about 2 years back. Even if he is not a pedephile, that whole situation was a bit too weird for my tastes. Nuttin' can convince me that it was innocent. There is nothing innocent about taking a girl away from her family to a secluded area in the wee hours even if it is just art.

Maybe alcohol or drugs were what caused it and I'd accept that but fuck that 's just wrong.

#9560  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers
 Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:05 pm
All I remember was that there was a report that came out that the Angels were "not kind to his genitalia" when they beat him up. I actually met him twice when I was living in NYC both times a few years before this went down at Jones Beach, which btw is a pretty great venue with wacky outdoor sound that just reflects all over the place, great for the audials Saw a bunch of great music there including a nasty Phish show there in I guess mid 90's. I met Mike in NYC on Broadway way downtown walking uptown on the East side of the street. I was on my cell phone walking up the street, yes, I am that guy sometimes. I saw Mike coming the other direction on the sidewalk, I told my friend on the phone to hang on for a sec so I could say hi to Mike. Mike stopped and was very gracious. I thanked him for all the great music and shows, etc. HE chatted me up about my then cell phone, commenting how he had never seen that model, I think it was the Motorola V60 C, he had seen the B in Blue, but not the C. That was when I decided we had run out of things to talk about. I thought he was a tad odd, and really a lot shorter then I expected, almost hobbit-like. He may be the most Baggins-esque musician I have ever met. HE didn't want to take any "art Photos" with me, I was sad until when years later we would all learn I was not his type.

#9564  by LazyLightnin
 Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:52 pm
:-? i remember hearing about it, but i never saw the story.....very very creepy. he prolly could have any girl he wants at any show any time, well almost, but you know what i mean. put down the candy and let the 9 year old go.....ffs gimmie a milf over that any day :shock:

#9566  by tigerstrat
 Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:26 am
You guys are beating the fossilized remains of a horse that died a couple of epochs back...

Really dug Kottke & Gordon summer before last; hope that duo rides again.

#9591  by phreaker
 Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:51 pm
tigerstrat wrote:You guys are beating the fossilized remains of a horse that died a couple of epochs back...

Really dug Kottke & Gordon summer before last; hope that duo rides again.
my mom has been good friends with kottke for the past 10 or so years. i've been to more concerts of leo's than i can begin to imagine.

the shows with mike were by far the best.

#9596  by squire758
 Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:30 pm
[quote="Crazy 9.5 Fingers"] HE didn't want to take any "art Photos" with me, I was sad until when years later we would all learn I was not his type.[/quote]

Luaghing my fat ass off, thank you for that