#7278  by Benthegoodbum

Is it just me or do many of you folken think listening to music in the car just can't be beat? I just got my license recently and I find myself driving around listening to killer tunes. It is very mellowing, a man is all to himself when he is driving in a car....very zenlike with the way your focused on driving yet chillaxin to the tunes. Anyway what are some of your opinions about it?

#7280  by phreaker

im still a youngen, and havent quite earned my parents trust to take the car out alone. well, my pops is cool. but my mom is still uncertain
(cant blame her...shes a mom)

but everyonce in a while ill be home alone with nothin to do, so ill take it out for a little joy ride.

i think skull & roses was made for cars. bertha while driving cant be beat

#7282  by whitelacestrange

i drivin long car trips before (with my parents in the car) they let me drive when they wanna sleep or something. i love all dead tunes in the car, plus other stuff. but i love playin truckin' in the car, cause im just truckin' ya know?

i probrobly use the word to much, but it defines my life, i can't help it, i wake up, get truckin' on downstaris, then start truckin' on down to chill withe the fella's, go truckin to the beach, parties, then begin the long and stumbly truckin' back home.

#7286  by Benthegoodbum

The song that got me recently while driving was Up on Cripple Creek from Before the Flood...it's a live album comprised of Dylan and The Band. The album is tremendously amazing. Theres that song and Rainy Day Woman #12 or something like that...anyway that song is a gem while cruisin'.

#7288  by amyjared

I drive an hour to work and an hour back and use it to listen to much music. It's cranked and I listen to everything from the boys to new music (lovin' the Raconteur's new one as well as Frank Black's Fastman Raiderman) to classics (Exile on Main Street and Sticky Fingers by the Stones, Floyd, Band, Clapton, Who, Allman's, Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Hendrix), to the obscure and interesting (Kevn Kinney, Eric Schwartz, King Missile, Robyn Hitchcock, Nic Cave, etc.) to even some good rap (Ice-T, Tribe called Quest) and real country (Cash, Parsons, Emmylou, Hank the 1st, Steve Earle, etc). Driving up a river into the mountains with the tunes blasting, I often think of Neal, the real deal, doin the same. When we become one, it is unbelievable...

#7290  by phreaker

i often pop in some Atmosphere and turn the bass all the way up, so bitches know to clear the road mile before I get there.