#7027  by st stephen

just saw three phil and friends and grab shows in a row. Saw holmdel, spac and then hartford ct. Just wondering if anybody saw any of these shows and has an opinion on how they were and also what people think of grab.

#7034  by shakedown_04092

See my post under "Phil & Jones Beach". I was also at the SPAC & Hartford shows. I found SPAC to be much more mellow; good, but mellow & laid back. Hartford on the other hand blew me out of the water - both bands. I am very impressed w/ GRAB and can't wait to see Thursday's show at Great Woods (aka Tweeter Center - and while I'm on this topic, I refuse to call these venues that have renamed themselves for corporate sponsorship by the "new name". I hate that shit, I can't stand it. When they do that, it seems like I lose touch w/ the venue and you lose that sense of nostalgia. Imagine if they renamed Fenway Park the "Fleet Bank Ballpark" or if they renamed Soldier Field the "Insert-your-dot-com-business-here Presents Soldier Field" It loses all that's good with it. So, in my mind, Great Woods will always be Great Woods! Down with corporate spons-"whore"-ship!)

#7035  by jahozer

I saw the camden shows. Grab was ok. Not bad, but I thought Phil was a killer show.

#7060  by st stephen

yeah i heard that terrapin with trey for phils set was just amazing.

#7070  by CaptainTrips

I went to the SPAC show and didnt see much of GRAB other than a hot Get Back cover. We were wandering around the wilderness without tickets at this time . . . Phil was awesome though. Played a great setlist (why isnt it up on Phils site yet?) with gems like Dire Wolf, the Wheel, Speedway, Unbroken Chain, Pride of Cucamunga? (not totally sure) a KILLER Althea and an encore of Casey Jones. I loved it :smile: