#40831  by BuddhaG

CaptainTrips wrote:Hated Dancin in the Streets, , , any version of the song I just cant stand it.
dude, you have to check out 5-6-70. the jam is just otherworldly - it is completely irrelevant how bad the singing is in the beginning and end of this tune cuz you get like 12 minutes of pure motown psychedelia. oh lawdy lawd.

#40837  by krzykat

have to agree on Dancin being the worst cover

#40839  by b weird

tigerstrat wrote:
"Black Queen" was pretty much a mess when the GD played it with Stills, 4/17/83, but its so obscure a lot of people aren't familiar w/it.

I know everyone's got their own opinions but both "Black Queens" from 69 & 83 kicked ASS. I think the Dead should have backed Stills more often.

#40853  by Dozin

Oh man, Dancin!? There's some smoking ones out there. How can you hate the jam? Oh well, to each his own.

I didn't care for:
La bamba
Knockin' on Heavens door
Let the good time roll

I'll get flamed for this but I went on Jerry tour 88/89. I kept thinking to myself if I hear Deal one more time closing the 1st set I'm going to strangle him. EVERY FRIGGEN' SHOW JER!!! WTF To this day I can't stand the tune.

#40912  by mttourpro

They hacked many a cool cover tune...but, for my all time leats favorite cover no matter how well they played or didn't...it is a hands down no brainer....I fought the law

It was ok in Richfield as a first-time appropo novelty. Each and every time thereafter was SUCH a bummer for an encore. :?

#40914  by BlobWeird

How about Bobby doin Take me to the river?! God awful!!! Hideous in fact. Not fade away is great, DP 15 is smokin! Dancin' ive enjoyed rarely. Knockin' is good by JGB, The dead not so much. Hey Jude with Pig is fuckin hilarious! I actually like the "Nah Nah" part though. I think they pulled that part off ok. Never heard that Stir it up but JGB tear that up with Donna on vox.

#40921  by mttourpro

I assume you were not present at the 3 rivers stadium, pittsburgh 95 show when the skies opened up to start set 2.

The TMTTR there was preety sweet actually. I know I liked it a lot. Bob was way into it.

#40922  by weirimpressed

just heard the 4/3/70 Shakedown, its pretty good and you can hear the band getting into it...

but its still my least favorite 8)

#40923  by weirimpressed

*Sorry for that last post

I meant Dancin in the Street, not Shakedown from 4/3/70

My bad...

#41542  by Django

I second Good Golly Miss Molly > Devil With the Blue Dress.
I also am not a big fan of Around and Around.

#41560  by astroman99

Django wrote:I second Good Golly Miss Molly > Devil With the Blue Dress.
I also am not a big fan of Around and Around.
I have to disagree, I thought the combo was a riot. I watched Jerry and he had a HUGE grin across his face when I saw dem do it!
-

#41588  by warrenMFKNhaynes

amyjared wrote:(Stuck inside of Memphis, Desolation Row)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

those are one of those great long dylan songs. I do admit i prefer dylans original Desolation and his Hard Rain Mobile. How can you complain about length?? are you a deadhead? sry to be so harsh, i guess we don't see eye to eye.

i hated baba o riley, great song, its not a song that the dead should do though, not their style.

my favorites were She Belongs To Me, Visions of Johanna, Queen Jane, Stir it Up (that show was nuts!),C.C Rider, Red Rooster(even though bobby cant play slide for shit), ( i could spend a month listing them all, shit morning dew is a cover)