rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Place for the rest of the music
 #93721  by JonnyBoy
 Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 am
you guys are really good! I enjoyed it. As the old saying goes, You can't play on a big stage more than once if you suck. Plus it is pretty hard to hack your way through a Dead cover band... Again, that was really good, don't fire the guitarist.
 #94688  by Wicky King
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:17 pm
This is one of the better versions of the Other One I've seen on youtube, the dynamics are really good, the way they can drop down to a whisper. Rhythm guitarist does some interesting things, lead guitarist is off the hook excellent, the Cryptical is great too but you can cut into a it after a few minutes and get the full on Other One-

************* Removed link *******************

Please go and start a forum to talk about Electricians. Don't SPAM the whole board. Next time, banned.
 #94689  by gr8fullfred
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:28 pm
Excellent in MHO, and I have seen lots of bands. Better than many versions by the boys in the early days, remember they were not always perfect. Nothing to be ashamed of keep on truckn!. Never hurts to have a dancing, twirling, female singer either.

The trick to the this song (IMHO) is the segway in and out of the song. You can segway in from your own point of view, from the other direction, from some place were you least expect it. And of course the killer Lesh bass line is always appreciated!
I will try to find you guys when I am in NC, which I am occasionally.