rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Place for the rest of the music
 #92886  by tcsned
 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:22 am
right on, Jim! That sounds awesome, you really nail the tone and playing nuances. Very well done.
 #92892  by waldo041
 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:17 am
i told you privately but have no shame in saying it here,

SIMPLY AMAZING! i believe in terms of Jerry type players, YOU are now #1 at the top of the list. Your approach and Tone Nail it better then anyone since Jerry passed!

this also proves the Tone theory that it is only in your hands, 99% of it is for sure, but nailing that last 1% has been a mystery for too long! soo glad that we can now get others too have it and eventually new music will be made with it!

peace,
waldo
 #92902  by NWPines
 Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am
I was listening to the clips you posted with the Rum Runners and just listened to this, and...... WOW! You are dialed in!!! There are some incredible players on this board, and I'd be thrilled to be half as good as most of them. But you really seem to have that extra, hard to define, elusive element that really takes it to the next level. Really, really sweet playing Jim!
 #92910  by tcsned
 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 pm
waldo041 wrote:i told you privately but have no shame in saying it here,

SIMPLY AMAZING! i believe in terms of Jerry type players, YOU are now #1 at the top of the list. Your approach and Tone Nail it better then anyone since Jerry passed!

this also proves the Tone theory that it is only in your hands, 99% of it is for sure, but nailing that last 1% has been a mystery for too long! soo glad that we can now get others too have it and eventually new music will be made with it!

peace,
waldo
+1
 #92947  by mijknahs
 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 pm
jester536 wrote:Just listened again...who the hell sings the Weir part...damn if I didn't think it was him....again...very nice.
It's Nick Sandoval on the Bobby guitar/vocals.
 #100146  by mijknahs
 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 pm
Band is now renamed "Skull & Roses" (for a few months now). Same musicians - just different name.
Last edited by mijknahs on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.