rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Place for the rest of the music
 #75490  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers
 Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:51 pm
Definitely like the new version of HTH. I think you guys are bad ass. To think, when I was 16 all I could do was hit the shit out of people on the football field and play 2 barre chords. Also love that you guys have an appreciation for tasty good music. Keep it rockin.
 #75503  by JonnyBoy
 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 am
Rock on Brothers!
The Dead Lives On and Will Forever With guys like you. :peas: :peas: :peas:
Hard to Handle rocked, once you got started it picked up full momentum. Nice job, that's an easy song to stumble on and you rocked it out!!!! :peas: :peas:
 #76749  by Counterstriker
 Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:30 am
Well after all the hard work for this Battle of the Bands we didn't even make it to the top 3, I don't want to sound conceded but It was a rip, I now know why the grateful dead hated playing festivals like that. We showed up set our stuff up and I was trying to explain out mix to the sound guy but he a know it all and blew me off as a little annoying kid. So when we went up they decided since we had the biggest amps there (I have a 73 fender twin and my friend has a fender deluxe with a cab) they didn't mic us... but they mic'd the keyboard. they also just made us run the bass right to the soundboard, and the bass sounded like shit the whole time, and the drums.... oh man.. it seems like the snare mic stopped working and only the ride and floor tom worked so all you heard was him doing rolls and hitting the ride cymbal! and he didn't even have a monitor! and the monitors they did have weren't on for us! So our vocal harmonies were very weak.

The people in the front row heard everything well because that was coming from the stage alone.

what get's me mad is the band that scored 1 point higher then us to make it to the top 3 sucked. I'm not just saying that. But they were this punk band that all they did was smash power chords and jump around stage like animals and scream into the mics... The band that won it deserved it though those guys are amazing, Rocket 88 they sound like the beatles!

But it was fun playing!