Put on your red dress baby 'cause we're going out tonight
G7 ```````````````````` G7/F#7/F7 ``````````````````````````````` C7 ``` G7
Wear your boxing gloves ````````` in case some fool might wanna fight

Verse 2:
``````````` C7
Put on your high heeled sneakers and put your wig hat on your head
``````````` F7 ``````````````````````````````````````````````` C7
Put on your high heeled sneakers and put your wig hat on your head
G7 ```````````````` G7/F#7/F7 ``````````````````````````````````````` C7 ````` G7
May not win a prize, ``````` I'm pretty sure you're gonna knock them dead

Verse 3:
``````````` C7
``````````` F7 ``````````````````````````````````````` C7
G7 ```````````````` G7/F#7/F7 `````````````````````````````````````````` C
May not win a prize, ``````` I'm pretty sure you're gonna knock them dead
Outro:C/C7/C6/C+/C ` B7/C7

Intro Tab:

----G------G-------F-------F7----C----C7------C6-----C+-------C----G#7-G7
e
b----11------11
g--12--12--12--12--10------8---8---8
d-----------------------10--10--10--10-8-10-8---10-----10-12-10
a---------------------------------------------12--12-11
e

Note on Intro & Outro chord shapes:
Descending line voices the following--
Note/Corresponding chord:

C/C-Bb/C7-A/C6-G#/C+-G/C

#1104  by Cosmic C

Thanks Bill, been lookin' for that one for a while. I got it on a tape thats from 65 or 68 I believe. They played it pretty quickly then but I love that tape, great vintage stuff.

#1105  by Billbbill

My pleasure Cosmic C. I wasn't aware they played it that far back. I'm assuming it was the dead, I don't think Jerry played solo back then.

You don't see it around. It's one of my favorite blues #'s. I'm gonna post "Think" (another favorite of mine) in the next few days. Gotta love Jerry G's blues.

I'll have to watch the formatting. It previewed properly and then that one line got screwed up. I've seen a few posts in the "chord pro" mold, maybe I'll do it that way although it's not my preference.

#1106  by Billbbill

OK - I just changed my screen resolution settings and the post fits. Text is a little small though. I suppose I can adjust that.

#1109  by Cosmic C

Bill, I got that show from a girl when I was in college. She got it from her brother who, at the time, lived in Germany and was some kind of recording guru. I recored it from two CD's on to cassettes. Burning was really out just yet. I looked at them last night and the only information that I put on them was that it was from 03/01/69. The quality is pretty good with a few, what sounds to me like splices here and there. At one point you hear Jerry say "...the magic number tonihgt is 10..." then someone corrects him. It's like they are doing some sort of drawing or something. I will have to listen to them again for all the songs that are on them but there is Rain and Snow, Duprees, Doin the Rag, High Heeler, King Bee, He was a Friend of Mine (if thats the right title), and of course a great vitage Cosmic Charlie. If anyone knows what show this is or where to find that out, please let me know. I would be much appliged.

Your friend in Dead,

Cosmic C

#1110  by Cosmic C

Ok boy am I dumb. I just looked at the tape that the show was on and please disregard that last post. The show that I was reffering to is from 11/19/66. I'll get more info on it. The dates I gave before are from a different show. One of these days I'll get it together.

#1112  by ebick

Deadbase reports that it was played by the Dead 4x

11-19-66 (as Cosmic C reports)
02-12-67
05-07-69
08-03-69

#1114  by Cosmic C

Ok kids, heres what I got. I don't think that the tape I have is a complete show but here is the order:

11/19/66
High Heeler
Pain in My Heart
Cold Rain & Snow
stage banter (this is the "lucky number" thing)
BIODTL (which is crazy fast)
Cream Puff War
Same Thing (if correct title)
Friend of Mine
Smokestack Lighting
King Bee
Midnight Hour (very long)

Really cool vintage stuff.

#12817  by st. stephen

i know that show too, i downloaded it from gdlive some time ago, great BIODTL.

#12828  by Rev_Roach

Wolfgang's vault has that first show (11/19/66). Their tracklist is slightly different than Cosmic posted. Either way its a hell of a listen, and High Heeled Shoes particularly is great. (and The Same Thing, love that song)

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/Conc ... d=140|7413

#12833  by Rev_Roach

link didnt go through right in my post above because of the "|" charcter. copy and paste to include the whole thing including those last 4 numbers