rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Place for the rest of the music
 #110369  by jeffm725
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 am
awww jedi...... :oops:

Ive told you before you have an open invitation to get your ass up here anytime.....you have a place to stay too..! Bring your axe we'll make a weekend out of it. Although I might have to send you home without Frankenwolf!!!

Id highly recommend doing it on a Toads weekend (the place in the video above) it is a crazy good time, lots of cool people.
 #110370  by dleonard
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 am
Jedi, ever see Splintered Sunlight? They play at Brownie's in Ardmore and the Blockley by Penn (38th and Chestnut) all the time
 #110373  by strumminsix
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 am
jeffm725 wrote:awww jedi...... :oops:

Ive told you before you have an open invitation to get your ass up here anytime.....you have a place to stay too..! Bring your axe we'll make a weekend out of it. Although I might have to send you home without Frankenwolf!!!

Id highly recommend doing it on a Toads weekend (the place in the video above) it is a crazy good time, lots of cool people.
I agree, TJ, Jeff is dreamy!

And if you go up there, I'm coming too! I seem to recall a post of yours that says you'd like to jam one day!
 #110376  by Tennessee Jedi
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am
Oh yeah I wanna play - just gotta learn how 1st !
:-)
Yeah man jazzy jeffy is cool - does Jerry and Bob / plays a Ibby /even made a MNS vid for me
:smile:
What is it about New Englanders ?
They have some of the best bands and players out there - its like the heart land of Deadness !
:-)
Yeah Nick Dude -someday my man !
:wink:
 #110381  by jeffm725
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 am
strumminsix wrote: I agree, TJ, Jeff is dreamy!
Not touching that with a ten foot pole! Actually my wife might agree with you if you qualify dream type as "nightmare" :lol:
strumminsix wrote:And if you go up there, I'm coming too! I seem to recall a post of yours that says you'd like to jam one day!
In all seriousness, NO BS, I was actually thinking of creating an RU kind "open jam" to take place at Toads on a night we are playing. We usually have 2 opening bands before we go on from 10:30 -2:00 and if I thought this out and organized it right we could do do one of the opening sets as an RUkind player convention where we rotate players in and out for 60-90 minutes. 8 -9:30. It would be cool to get everyone together, and New Haven is a pretty central location for East Coasters. Try to have as many different players as possible and not just guitarists, but bassists, drummers, keys, etc.... Nobody bring anything but their axe, have a standard rig for Bobbys to plug into and one for Jerry's, and Toads has a house Hammond, and Shakedown's 2 drum kits will already be set up! It really could work.
 #110382  by 1960strat
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 pm
I would def be down for that. I am working and commuting to New Haven on a project. Good reason to stick around town.
 #110384  by strumminsix
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm
jeffm725 wrote:
strumminsix wrote: I agree, TJ, Jeff is dreamy!
Not touching that with a ten foot pole! Actually my wife might agree with you if you qualify dream type as "nightmare" :lol:
strumminsix wrote:And if you go up there, I'm coming too! I seem to recall a post of yours that says you'd like to jam one day!
In all seriousness, NO BS, I was actually thinking of creating an RU kind "open jam" to take place at Toads on a night we are playing. We usually have 2 opening bands before we go on from 10:30 -2:00 and if I thought this out and organized it right we could do do one of the opening sets as an RUkind player convention where we rotate players in and out for 60-90 minutes. 8 -9:30. It would be cool to get everyone together, and New Haven is a pretty central location for East Coasters. Try to have as many different players as possible and not just guitarists, but bassists, drummers, keys, etc.... Nobody bring anything but their axe, have a standard rig for Bobbys to plug into and one for Jerry's, and Toads has a house Hammond, and Shakedown's 2 drum kits will already be set up! It really could work.
HAHAHA! That could be great, dude! Now need to find a way to get there without spending an arm and a leg!
 #110387  by strumminsix
 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:12 pm
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Personally I usually just drive. :lol: This would be really fun!
Hahaha, just a mere 900 miles. I better get a designated driver!