rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Place for the rest of the music
 #94645  by strumminsix
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:44 am
Impressed with the video and sound quality.

Not in my team photo for best GD cover band. You should see DSO. Or any of the bands of folks on this board.

They are a very good sounding band but do not sound like the GD. They remind me of the the bands from thd album Deadicated.

BTW, Wicky King, what is your tie into the band?
 #94652  by JonnyBoy
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 am
Ye they are very good! Like Strummin said there are a few around these parts doing a super job at it, if not better. I for one have nothing but happiness, best wishes and hope for them, especially if they stay playing in the North East. :lol: Yes lots of really good Dead cover bands around. With over 2000 of them right now, whats one more? Good to see there are enough dead heads around still to support all this.
 #94680  by Wicky King
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:06 pm
No affiliation, got dragged there on a Tuesday by a buddy who knows one of. Deal is they live in different parts of the country and play like 3/4 times a year in different cities when they can work it in with the logistics of their other bands, so they don't rehearse or anything, which is kind of wild. In terms of DSO or Furthur, I've seen them, from what I saw and heard, Kadlicek and Matson are not in this lead guitarist's league, nor is the DSO drummer or bass player at the level of this rhythm section, just my opinion, of course.
 #94694  by NashvilleMike
 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 pm
Wicky King wrote:In terms of DSO or Furthur, I've seen them, from what I saw and heard, Kadlicek and Matson are not in this lead guitarist's league, nor is the DSO drummer or bass player at the level of this rhythm section, just my opinion, of course.
Attachments
spittake.jpg
spittake.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
 #94702  by strumminsix
 Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 am
I still think there is affiliation. No way would anyone join a GD forum just to brag on a band who doesn't really sound like the GD and know band history and member info unless they have an affiliation.
 #94705  by seamones
 Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 am
Wicky King wrote:No affiliation, got dragged there on a Tuesday by a buddy who knows one of. Deal is they live in different parts of the country and play like 3/4 times a year in different cities when they can work it in with the logistics of their other bands, so they don't rehearse or anything, which is kind of wild. In terms of DSO or Furthur, I've seen them, from what I saw and heard, Kadlicek and Matson are not in this lead guitarist's league, nor is the DSO drummer or bass player at the level of this rhythm section, just my opinion, of course.
So after watching a couple of the clips, yes these are guys are very good. But your comments in regards to Mattsons and Kadelcik's relative ability and tone are ridiculous.

Just for frame of reference, how old are you? What's your instrument? How long you been playin?
 #94707  by rugger
 Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:57 am
Checked out the Dark Star clip. Good band. Best ever? Sounds like the hubris of youth.

I have to say that it's refreshing not seeing a collection of overweight, balding dudes in tie dyes :-)

John in San Diego