rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#80505  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon May 24, 2010 8:56 am
Dozin wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:That looks amazing!

What's on the back of the headstock? Abalone, or just a lighting illusion?
It's Modulus Graphite. It's one piece that runs from the headstock through the neck of the guitar.
I should have thought of that. :lol: It's just so much lighter in color than the Modulus necks that I'm used to. That's awesome! So this guitar will never react to the weather... very cool!
 #80509  by Dozin
 Mon May 24, 2010 9:33 am
It's because it's in direct sunlight. besides the older Modulus necks which were flat black graphite, they all have this graphite look.
 #80538  by JonnyBoy
 Mon May 24, 2010 2:47 pm
jdsmodulus wrote:Nominee for best Rukind build of 2010 (so far)! :hail:

I have to agree with you, extreme attention to detail and quality. You have an awesome builder, and BTW what is his professional story? Is he a retired or current luthier ready to open up shop for himself? Either way, he does excellent work!!
 #80720  by Dozin
 Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 am
The pickups are Gibson mini humbuckers. A pot will control them from being humbuckers or Single coils 8) The bridge pickup is a Duncan Broadcaster. No UGB, Brad's Sarno's SGBB should do the trick.
 #87847  by Dozin
 Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 am
This week!!

That's Rich the builder in the photo
 #87849  by jdsmodulus
 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:02 am
Very nice indeed! :hail: Post some clips when you get a chance. Do you have a Vox or something that Bob would use more currently?
 #87850  by strumminsix
 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 am
Wow, amazing, bro! How'd you decide on the broadcaster pickup? Wasn't the original 3 minis?

I speculate that Bobby now has a tele bridge pickup on his Pepto guitar now so are you going for the modern Bobby sound?

Lastly - are you gonna get with or without a pickguard?
 #87851  by gr8fulbluz
 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 am
Super sweet, i luvs me some guitar p@rn. Pics from all angles please.

I am loving the blue, I have wanted a blue guitar for the last couple of years, something saphire or blue denim stain or a burst in that color scheme. Sometimes i am a visual freak.

Many Congrats and enjoy. Whoot!
 #87854  by Dozin
 Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 am
It's the same pickup arrangement as Weir's. To mini gibson humbuckers/single coils and duncan broadcaster pickup. The first potentiometer is a variable control which allows me to have single coils or how much humbuckers I want. I'm not really going after Bob's newer tone because of the guitar. I just did up my Strat with the Cowboy pickups in it and I LOVE IT. It's going to be hard to put that guitar down and play with this new one. I think ;)

The pickguard is done just not installed yet.

I do have a VOX ;)