#63914  by chris

I would love to see some different strats and/or clones. would love to see what everyone is playing. A list of mods. and specs would be good to .. Thanks chris.
 #63916  by prephippie

2002 American Deluxe. I paid $700 on ebay. Locking tuners, vintage noisless pickups - my mod was the Jerry strap 8) I don't have any effects, just Strat > Fender Blues Jr.

#63927  by NashvilleMike

1972 stock...it's a sweetie pie.
 #63950  by George

I love my strat and for the longest time, I didn't realize it. I played a bunch of other guitars, but now it's definitely my favorite. I also put quite a bit of work into it. It's an early 80's Jap Squire '57 style with maple neck (which I love - after about 25 years now, it's getting a nice feel to it). I put in a mixed set of Van Zandt pups, a new capacitor, volume and tone pots with a coil tap so I can get a nice tele sound, new bridge, bone nut and an alembic blaster and blocked the tremolo with a piece of mahogany. I also put a hybrid set of strings on it that start w/ .11s, but the bottom three strings are heavier than a normal set. Did I say I love this guitar?
 #63952  by Dozin

A different kind of Strat
 #63990  by sack the wack

Would if I could but I've got a 1993 MIJ in black and a 1980 American made that's called Caribbean Blue but it's not what I would think of as 'island' blue. It's metalflake with custom pick guard and funky vol. and tone knobs that look like they came off the radio of a '57 Chevy. I actually like the feel of the neck on the MIJ better but I spend 95% of my time on an acoustic. Maybe I can get my lady to post some pics.
 #64011  by GratefulPat

youtube.com/gratefulpat6595... im to lazy topost a pic. but im playin it in all the videos.. 2008 american deluxe
 #64013  by Maybeck09

here is my current number #1. '62 reissue I bought on ebay. Since this photo mods:
new vintage radius neck (really sweet, slab rosewood) Lindy Fralin Blues Specials in all 3 slots, Blender Pot, better pots all around, mint green pickguard and knobs etc. I couldn't get the sound and tuning to work with the trem so I lock that out and also had to shim the neck to get it right. Its about right now! And so f-ing comfortable to play. You can play it all night long!
Need to take and upload a newer photo.
 #64069  by jackr

Here is my SRV Signature Strat. Next to it is my 58 reissue Warren Haynes Limited Edition Les Paul and a Breedlove Acoustic.

You see that I switched the knobs on the LP and strat. The LP knobs have more tension and I sweat like hell when I play so I needed knurled knobs.

#64070  by Emoto

Late 90's American Standard. Bone stock.

70s reissue. Now my main axe. Dual Sounds, SDS-1 at the neck, Waldo buffer, bone nut, blocked brass bridge, sperzal locking tuners, changed caps.