rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#100241  by jackr
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 am
He doesnt know shit about the guitar that he is making a promotional video about. He actually annoyed me.

Thanks for posting that.
 #100249  by jester536
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:59 am
It's all in the hands. Garcia could pick up a crap guitar and make it sound sweet...this guy can pick up a sweet guitar and make it sound like a shred-metal-axe. When you can play (and this guy can play) you can make the guitar do exactly what you want it to do. It's all in the hands.
 #100251  by Emoto
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 am
Exactly the kind of music I don't EVER want to play. :lol:
 #100273  by hogan
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am
I'm not getting why anybody would bag on this guy. So what, he's not a Deadhead. He's a guitar dude, who sounds as smart or as dumb as most kind brothers i dealt w/ @ GD shows. As for not knowing what the OBEL switch was, neither do/did 90% of the guys on this board until it was explained to them a half dozen times. There is nothing wrong w/ not knowing especially if its not on your radar musically. I thought he made the guitar sound pretty good, not jerry like, but who cares?
 #100275  by caspersvapors
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 am
hogan wrote:I'm not getting why anybody would bag on this guy. So what, he's not a Deadhead. He's a guitar dude, who sounds as smart or as dumb as most kind brothers i dealt w/ @ GD shows. As for not knowing what the OBEL switch was, neither do/did 90% of the guys on this board until it was explained to them a half dozen times. There is nothing wrong w/ not knowing especially if its not on your radar musically. I thought he made the guitar sound pretty good, not jerry like, but who cares?
yea im kinda feeling the same way, and even if someone explained to you what everything on that axe was it would take months before all that shit became second nature. i was actually glad to hear someone play something other than garcia licks on that guitar - lets me know theres a lot more tones and styles to be had from that thing

his anecdotes are kind of annoying though
 #100276  by RiverRat
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am
hogan wrote:I'm not getting why anybody would bag on this guy.
He lost credibility when I saw the belt buckle and black nail polish!

Quit being so EMO... Next thing you know, you'll be writing dark poetry in a cemetery by the moonlight and cutting yourself in a cry for attention.
 #100278  by hogan
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am
i wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.
 #100281  by hippieguy1954
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 am
Geeeeeeezzzzzz! He was a bit embarassing even though he plays ok and made me chuckle a bit, but your guys are hilarious and got me me rolling!!! All the posts are so true. Maybe agree to disagree? Too funny. Love ya all!