rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#86999  by Charlie
 Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm
Hi All

I'm an Aussie Deadhead who was posting as Harvest Wind but due to a login problem had to re-register. I just heard about the existence of the Tivoli Copenhagen 1972 DVD made during the '72 European Tour. '72 Dead is my absolute favourite and I would so much dig to check this out. Has anyone seen the footage and possibly know how I can get hold of a copy.
 #87001  by Charlie
 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Thanks for that, I'll check it out on Youtube but what I would really like to do is watch the whole thing on my TV hooked up to my Stereo. At least the Youtube footage will give me an idea of what to expect.
 #87015  by Rusty the Scoob
 Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 am
I have downloaded it off bittorrent, within the past 3 months or so. I believe the version I found was still called Tivoli Gardens, and I got the link off of The Trader's Den, I think.

It's PAL, not NTSC, so for me it will only play on the computer but I'm told that some cheaper DVD players will play it. No idea why only the cheaper players work, or what that means to you in Australia. It'll be worth the trouble, though... very good footage of the band in their early years.
 #87016  by tcsned
 Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:46 am
I just watched some of it on Youtube - didn't realize that video existed - they sure seemed to be having some fun
 #92840  by Lunchbox16
 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am
This video and it's great. Are there any other good quality videos with Pigpen? I'd love to see one of his Lovelight raps.
 #92956  by CoolBreeze
 Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:04 am
Grant-

That spreadsheet is golden! and it pretty much sucked my Saturday way!!! Thanks for posting that! The 72 footage is astounding, and some of the other stuff on there is pretty incredible, too.

The Sound of Jazz and the Midnight Special were mighty in their own right as well!
 #92970  by Grant
 Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm
CoolBreeze wrote:Grant-

That spreadsheet is golden! and it pretty much sucked my Saturday way!!! Thanks for posting that! The 72 footage is astounding, and some of the other stuff on there is pretty incredible, too.

The Sound of Jazz and the Midnight Special were mighty in their own right as well!
yeah there's some great stuff on there, i particularly like the 76 soundcheck
 #92971  by Charlie
 Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm
Apparently there is also some footage out there from one of the German Concerts on the '72 tour. Would have nice to put these in the big Europe '72 package.