rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#83516  by Dozin
 Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:34 am
Keir and I got together and jammed for the first time. His guitar and playing sound sweet. Thought you guys should here it. We need a keyboardist!!!! I'm seriously thin in the recording.

http://www.archive.org/details/Dozin-WKeir
 #83522  by strumminsix
 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:19 am
You have that thin 80s Weir sound! I dug it! Keir is a very tasty Jerry.

Gotta get your drummer to tighten up. Missing the changes and instead played them straight. Example is the first chorus. You and Keir are too talented for that.
 #83533  by Dozin
 Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:47 pm
I agree about the drummer. In his defense it's tough playing with new people and getting an immediate groove going without some bumps
 #83565  by strumminsix
 Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Dozin wrote:I agree about the drummer. In his defense it's tough playing with new people and getting an immediate groove going without some bumps
You and Keir sounded great and jelled very well! When my band got our new Jerry we clicked similarly. Each of us came in ready to our respective parts and ready for the other to do their respective parts!

When listening to you and Keir I kinda forgot your post when you said "first time".... Sounded MUCH better than that, dudes!!!
 #83568  by Samson
 Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:07 pm
What kind of envelope filter is he using? I'm guessing... Q-tron.

p's and ^s...

Samson

EDIT: I got right down to business and forgot to say... "Nice stuff! Thanks for posting"
Last edited by Samson on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #83694  by keirweir
 Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 am
What kind of envelope filter is he using? I'm guessing... Q-tron.
This is your basic unmodified Q-tron and Octave. Dozin, if you get around to Black Throated I would love to hear it! I thought the drummer was good. I can tell you he was having fun. Dozin, correct me if I am wrong but normally you have two drummers? I am putting Waldo's buffer in my guitar this evening!