rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#93789  by ebick
 Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Tennessee Jedi wrote:You guys think Phil is responsible for the bridge ( ? ) part of Cosmic Charlie ?
:?:
No....all Jerry. I heard an interview where Jer was asked why they stopped playing CC. He said that in those early days, he and Hunter were just learning to write songs, and that the bridges in CC were clumsy. I think he felt the same way, maybe to a lesser extent, about St Stephen.

Back to the subject What's Become of the (should have been aborted) Baby. I still can't believe that they opted to use that time for that instead of the William Tell / Eleven.
 #93790  by mttourpro
 Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm
ebick wrote:
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Whats become of the baby
Tennessee....because you said this, I forced myself to do something I haven't done in years, and swore I'd never do again.....and that was to listen to that piece of..........music.

I hope that you viewed this as a troll based on the OPs post count of one, because if not, then all I can say is......

Seriously?.....that is where you would point someone who wants to hear Phil's best moments?

Obviously you did not get to use one of the octopus' masks before listening........not that it would help all that much anyhow!
 #93795  by Octal
 Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:03 pm
ebick wrote:
Tennessee Jedi wrote:You guys think Phil is responsible for the bridge ( ? ) part of Cosmic Charlie ?
:?:
No....all Jerry. I heard an interview where Jer was asked why they stopped playing CC. He said that in those early days, he and Hunter were just learning to write songs, and that the bridges in CC were clumsy. I think he felt the same way, maybe to a lesser extent, about St Stephen.

Back to the subject What's Become of the (should have been aborted) Baby. I still can't believe that they opted to use that time for that instead of the William Tell / Eleven.
I read in "Searching for the Sound" that Jerry didn't like how they had to slow down during the choruses, but Phil liked how this slow down made it build back up into the verses. Give something to get something.