rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#89483  by mijknahs
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 pm
That was pretty strange. Kinda scary. A little worried for Bob there. But I guess it wasn't technically a "GD" trainwreck.

BTW, I've never heard a JGB trainwreck (but then I've listened to much less JGB than GD). Can anyone recall one?

Jim
 #89502  by tigerstrat
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:46 pm
mijknahs wrote:That was pretty strange. Kinda scary. A little worried for Bob there. But I guess it wasn't technically a "GD" trainwreck.

BTW, I've never heard a JGB trainwreck (but then I've listened to much less JGB than GD). Can anyone recall one?

Jim
Ever hear the Sara Fulcher shows :D ?

All kidding aside (and w/ '95 off the table) I noticed one of the Evangelines from fall '89 (either 9/5, 9/6 or 9/10) having a comparatively sloppy intro... some of the '80 Eleanor Rigby's are less on-the-money than say 2/12 or 3/8 ... no total crashing and burning though that I can recall.
 #89504  by tigerstrat
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm
mttourpro wrote:I'm surprised nobody mentioned the El Paso from NY earlier this year. Bob was kinda "lost" (to be kind).
Question specified Grateful Dead trainwrecks.
 #89520  by mttourpro
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
mttourpro wrote:I'm surprised nobody mentioned the El Paso from NY earlier this year. Bob was kinda "lost" (to be kind).
Question specified Grateful Dead trainwrecks.

True. So here's one nobody mentioned.

6/23/92 at Starlake in Burgettestown, Pa (Pittsburgh)

Help>Slip to open the show------easily the worst Slipknot I've ever heard. Just a total ClusterF***
 #89532  by CoolBreeze
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 pm
I had this tape for years- and was never clear on what the issue was with the first start. Too fast? jer playing the wrong part? Bobby brings them to a halt, tho! Hell in a Bucket- 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAo6-j6_i4

And of course the "Stir it up" from around the same time- that thing is just
FUNNY!