chnaridr
33%
birdsng
7%
stlyrfac
27%
 #2556  by jck_strw
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:15 am
I retired the Jeep (10 years with nary a [mechanical] problem) and got a new 2006 Jetta this weekend. Nice car. It's been a very long time since I had a car that had some pep to it.

Anyhow, with the new car, I'm going to get a personalized license plate. I have a couple of ideas, but thought I'd use the cool new poll option to get some feedback. Pick one or suggest your own.

Thanks.

#2562  by jck_strw
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:46 pm
Well I didn't take the Jeep out in the pasture and put a slug through the engine block. I just put him up on blocks in the front lawn. :) They would've given me next to nothing for the Jeep, so I'll just keep it for the summer months. And those times when we get snow here in North Carolina.

stlyrfac = Steal Your Face
 #2565  by phreaker
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:57 pm
Don't accidently get the personalized licence plate
A$$MAN.

That got Kramer in a whole bunch of trouble.
:lol:

Silly ol' Cosmo
 #2566  by Kenny
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:02 pm
red
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#2568  by jck_strw
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:33 pm
Here's the story of the origin of the 'stealie' straight from the Bear's mouth:

http://www.thebear.org/GDLogo.html

#2570  by amyjared
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:45 pm
Why not get a plate that just says Arrest me? I found that it was much safer to avoid all mention of my passion while on the road, be it tour or just goin to the store. No stickers, no adverts. Yes, I'm somewhat jaded, but so far I haven't been stopped (and yes, I speed like a madman). Just my ten cents...-amyjared

#2572  by jck_strw
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:48 pm
(knock on wood)

My Jeep had stickers all over the back window (so much so that it was kinda hard to see out the back), the side windows and several bumper stickers on the front. I was pulled over once in the 10 years I drove the Jeep (for an expired [3 years expired] inspection sticker). Maybe if I had something like LSD DLR on my plate, I might be hesitant.

The chance of getting pulled over is worth flying my freak flag. My days of smoking in the car are long past, so I've got nothing to hide. :D

#2574  by phpbb
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:06 pm
why no rukind?

#2575  by jck_strw
 Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:46 pm
why no rukind?
Taken dammit. Now that you mention it, I did just check and ruk1nd is available. Even better, you can have punctuation!

ruk1nd?

Now that's got possibilites. :)

#2577  by Doo-dah man
 Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:52 am
Greetings for sunny (and crowded) south Florida. New guy here just makin a debute. This site is the best but unfortunatly now all I play is Dead songs :o The dancin bearz would be my choice. As far as the cops are concerned,I say question authority every time ya'll take it ez

#3153  by jck_strw
 Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Thanks to those that voted. I was going to to go with the winner, but I found this combination that I hadn't checked before. Too good to pass up.