rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#2064  by phpbb
 Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:55 am
My very first car was a LeCar, which is pretty funny considering I am 6'6'' tall! But at 17 I thought it was the best. I totally trashed the car jumping bridges, thinking it was a race car, etc.. It finally got into a fatal (the car, not the passengers) car wreck and I bid owning a car goodbye for a while.

When I followed the Dead, I had a VW GTI that I absolutely loved. It was the official tour car for me an my buddies. It drove I-80 across the country more times than I can remember (literally and figuratively). I put 33,000 miles on in 1.5 years! I have pictures of it on both coasts, at James Deans Grave, in Vegas, and Elvis's Brithplace to name a few. When I moved out West, I kinda let the thing fall apart. After it died, I didn't have a car for about 5 years, where I relied on my bike, skateboard, and feet. Luckily my girlfreind (now my wife) was (and still is) more responsible than myself, and I started bumming her car when needed. When I was able to get a stable enough job to make car payments, I got myself a Dodge Quad Cab pickup, which I am currently driving.
 #2065  by Kenny
 Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:28 pm
red
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#2069  by strumminsix
 Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:22 pm
I recently purchased a Hyundai Tucson since it was the smallest vehicle which could easily transport my gear from gig to gig.

Anything smaller wouldn't be able to git-r-done.

#2071  by Kenny
 Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:45 pm
red
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#2072  by waldo041
 Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:50 pm
8)
Last edited by waldo041 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#2073  by jck_strw
 Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:41 pm
"I tell you what is. Big city, mm. Live, work aah! But not city open, only peoples. People is peoples. No is buildings. Is tomatoes, aah! Is peoples...is dancing...is music...is potatoes! So. Peoples is peoples. Okay?"
=========

I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler (soft top). Best car I've ever had---the only thing I ever had to have fixed was a rear seatbelt. Everything else is original. I drove it off the lot with .4 miles on it and I have 108495 miles now.

Can't beat driving around with the top down and the Dead blasting. It does make :D more difficult though. :-)