#1909  by GRATEFULDEKE

love ya jerry! you have been a tremendous influence and inspiration to me. I miss you just like it was still 95. some of the best times of life were in your prescence. keep on truckin'!!!

#1910  by Guest

another note- my last show was charlotte in '95 when the second set opener was unbroken chain. i nearly shit my pants when phil hit the first couple of notes!!! I dont really remember what else was played that night, but I remember feeling really sad at the end of the show. It was almost as if I knew it was the last time I would see my boys. I have since seen several different line-ups of the boys and It is always special, but never the same. I always try to experience it as if it will be the last because you never know.
Bonnaroo 2004 was sick!!! I sat on the field for a half hour after the show and just reminisced about how much joy the dead have given me in my lifetime. love you guys!!!
 #1911  by Stellablue

words cannot express what i feel about jerry garcia as a musician and a human being. Everytime i hear him sing stella blue i feel an empty void im my stomach.what else can i say but THANK YOU JERRY GARCIA YOU ARE AN EVERYDAY INSPIRATION TO ME.
 #1912  by ryan-i

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through to soothe me
Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
Rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along makin' me strong

Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

#1913  by eric burdon

were on the brink of destruction without you
 #1914  by tyedyed10

My biggest regret in life is having been born too late. As a young'n, i didnt have the chance to experience what so many other lucky heads have. 96' was the year my dad would allow me to go with him to a show and see what it was all about. Unfortunately, that was too late. Though the band still plays to me everynight before i sleep, i only wish that once, just once, i could have seen you jerry. To feel your music pulse through my body like i've never felt before. I love you Jerry and hope that one sweet day i can hear you play and ease my soul.
you know our love will not fade away.

#1916  by guest

Seems like yesterday.

Every new beginning starts from some other beginning's end.

And in a long black veil she cries over my bones.

--
~s
 #1917  by Mountain girl Jen

Miss Jerry so much :cry: but the music never stops. His soul and spirit are with me every day. I am so glad to see this forum happening. Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.........Thank you Jerry.
 #1918  by built 2 last

comes a time, when a blind man takes your hand
says don't you see
we're gonna make it some how,
all these dreams we still believe
I got an empty cup
that only love can phil

we miss you jer as well as keith, piggy, and brent.
Let the music live on always and never forget how it got us here.

nothing left to do but SMILE SMILE SMILE........

Thx

#1919  by Its the Vulgade

Let his words, notes, and aura continue to fill our lives and the lives of our children for many years to come. I love you more than words can tell Jerry, rock on Brother. :cool:
 #1920  by mike b.

the leader of the band is tired and his eyes are growing old, but his blood runs throught my instrument and his song is in my soul. my life has been a poor attempt to immitate the man, i'm just a living legacy to the leader of the band.

this song reminds me of garcia. my cosmic link to the dead is sugaree, so i won't tell ya i know him, but i sure miss the feeling i got even at those last shows in the 90's that everyone disses. i may have missed the hayday, but at least i caught a glimpse before the fire went out. thank you jer.[/quote]
 #1922  by sansdeity9

Im happy there are still enough of us left to keep singing those songs you brought us jerry. Every time you sing to me it is like getting a hug from the universe letting me know its all right and getting better. thanx for helping me learn how to live and how to know a truer definition of love. Ill see you in hell with the rest of the good people and we'll smoke some herb with jesus and bob marley while janis sings us back home
Lovin you brother,
and say hello to Jen for me I miss her too
 #1923  by austin

"fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design..."

#1924  by Junior

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there. :cry:
 #1925  by jrygrca1

i went to a dead show for the first and last time in '95. i was 14, it was vegas, at the silver bowl. i didn't even get into the show, but the lot alone was truly a life altering experience. Jerry was gone a few months later. rest in peace