#159045  by mgbills

Yea Buddy!
I can play it. Usually I F it up. But then I try to play it at 5.9.77 or One From the Vault speed...and it's not even a human task.

And it makes me glad that I saw the Fat Man Rock for 14 years before he tipped.

That MattMan can probably do it at that speed. Fella's got some chops :smile: :smile: :smile:

A couple of years ago DSO was at the Crystal in PDX. Original setlist. Opened with H>S>F. Even JM & Rob borched the Help>Slip runs. They were cranking the tempo and just killing it. Incredible pro's those guys. "Goes to show...you don't ever know..."

Jeff just smiled and drove on with the mission. And that, in itself, was fucking splendid.

I loves me some GD. Sickness I suppose.
Peace
M
 #159056  by hippieguy1954

joethepainter wrote:I shouldn't do this, there's a lot better players than me that visit here, but what the hell...playing along with One from the Vault. I stole the outro lick from Pete B.'s youtube lesson :-)
Nice! Thanks for sharing! :wink:
 #159068  by mgbills

Right on Joe (the Painter) ! Nice stuff.

I should have clarified. I found the outro from Help into Slip to be the harder passage. JM was definitely referencing the passage you played.

In either case ...the speed kicks the crap out of me. I get to 90-95% using Transcribe! and that's about as far as I've ever gotten playing it clean.