#127358  by WildEye

ahh man.... That's not good. I hope it's not serious and just taking some down time because he's overworked as it is. He's given soooo much...
 #127361  by Emoto

From the Furthur web site:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform in any capacity for the next several weeks.

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast"

Hmm. Hope we find out what is going on.
 #127378  by Jimaroe

Man, this just sucks. I hope that whatever the situation is, it can be rectified. First, for Bob's sake (health and well being). Second, and I know this is extremely, self centered/greedy, but, I have had some great fun lately at the couple of Furthur shows and especially the Bobby solo shows. I think his playing and vocals have been incredible. Get well soon and hope to catch you this Fall.
 #127382  by pablomago

According to the Further website, Bobbys getting treatment and they are cancelling the next portion of the tour.
 #127393  by strumminsix

pablomago wrote:According to the Further website, Bobbys getting treatment and they are cancelling the next portion of the tour.
Where does I say that?

$5 says the show goes on sans bobby.
 #127415  by TI4-1009

The way I read it they're cancelling ONE show and picking back up in July as scheduled.
 #127416  by ebick

TI4-1009 wrote:The way I read it they're cancelling ONE show and picking back up in July as scheduled.
that's how I read it too....but examine the very careful wording that allows them some wiggle room.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform for the next several weeks.
it doesn't actually say that the show is actually cancelled........they could appear.....just not as scheduled (meaning with Weir).
Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast