#119825  by gr8fullfred

John K was at the New York State Harvest Festival in Monticello New York (about two hours north of NYC). If you have any doubt, this was an awesome event to attend. The highlight for me, among many highs that occurred over the weekend was the appearance of John K, with an impromptu lineup that included Alex Mazur (Deadbeats of New Paltz and Maaze), Stevie D (too many bands to possibly list, but currently playing with Maaze, the bass player from a band "Kung Fu" and another Keyboard player whose name I did not catch.

John K was totally casual and friendly willing to chat it up a bit, a warm and wonderful person.
John came because he supports the cause. Nice the Furthur schedule allowed him to attend.
After the "Damn Sam Super Jam" John did a solo set indoors that later everyone said was awesome.
Sorry to say I missed that.

Pics are not great due to the lighting and "other circumstances" but thought I might include them.
I highly suggest that you put this event on your calendar, because it is an event that is not worth missing. Best to all and thanks to John K for making an appearance that was very gratefully appreciated by those in attendance.

The band playing:

John K and I

John K, Alex Mazur and Stevie D

John's non-Furthur pedal board note the use of the Qtron instead of the Mutron. The Qtron sounded great (we might have a tape coming).
 #119833  by gr8fullfred

Hey Pete,
Yes great to see you at the Edgefield shows. Next time we will crank up the amps! In the meantime, I will practice as much as possible, look forward to seeing you in the spring, Fred