#118617  by mgbills

I personally had no idea his real name was Michael Hartman!

Hope Jer's real name wasn't Bob Smith! Or Fred Sanford! http://www.televisiontunes.com/Sanford_And_Son.html

F&^% ...I'm changing my name to Birmingham MaGillicuddy. Maybe it'll help my guitar playing & my rig.
 #118687  by caspersvapors

methinks someone was trippin on bath salts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... ant-369908

"I am totally baffled by a bizarre claim of assault by me coming out of Kentucky – the home of Bluegrass and a state I love dearly. Any accusation or claim of assault against me is completely false and without any basis whatsoever. I played drums on “Shakedown Street,” but I never expected to be “The Victim or the Crime.” -Mickey Hart"

sounds to me like Mickey has no idea wtf happened
 #118696  by Jimaroe

TMZ is garbage. They refer to him as Mickey Hall twice in that article. Who the hell is Mickey Hall? Anybody ever see the TMZ video where they ambush Weir at like 5 am the morning after a show and imply that he's a weirdo or did too many drugs in his earlier years. These guys are like any other "media" outlet. CRAP.
 #118697  by Dozin

Hartman, I never knew that.
 #118699  by playingdead

Mickey's pretty famous for his temper. Dennis McNally describes a run-in he had with Ron Rakow over not backing him in a studio dispute over recording the Diga Rhythm Band record:

A couple of weeks later, in Los Angeles, Mickey saw Rakow for the first time and began to berate him for desertion. When Rakow responded by telling him to wait in the car, Mickey jumped up and choked him. "He wouldn't say uncle," recalled Hart, "so I put him out. He walked with a cane for a year behind that."

Go to 8:44 on this Youtube video from 85, watch Matthew Kelly walk out on stage to sit in on harp, and see Mickey hurling drumsticks savagely at him from the kit. That was over some sort of dispute Kelly had with Kreutzmann if my memory's correct -- I think Kreutzmann (allegedly) beat up Kelly after a Kingfish gig and Kelly sued him. Weir moves to block Mickey's line of fire. He throws a bunch more at the end of the tune -- 14:50 or so.

#118701  by Dozin

My god! That's insane. The ones he's chucking at him at the end is vicious. That's hate. I was waiting for weir at the end to say something to Mickey but he didn't want any part of it. Crazy
 #118714  by hotasaPistol

Throwing Sticks is freakin hilarious.......I read where in Cream that Ginger Baker hated Jack Bruce so much that he threw drum sticks at Bruce during shows.......sticks and stones ad infinitum

Cant wait to hear the rest of this story......law come to get ya if you don't walk right :smile: :smile: :smile: