#114377  by feelikeastranger

I'm about to finally order my copy, Does anyone have it on here ? if so what do you think about it ? not sure if i should wait to order it and get a new guitar pedal or just get the dvds first , either way i have to wait a few weeks for the other.
 #114485  by TheMissingDigit

I got the set and love it. I had not seen most of these in many years and I have enjoyed seeing them again. I brought the whole set into work and have it running on a second monitor. Productivity has plummeted.
 #114493  by TI4-1009

TheMissingDigit wrote:I got the set and love it. I had not seen most of these in many years and I have enjoyed seeing them again. I brought the whole set into work and have it running on a second monitor. Productivity has plummeted.

LOL
 #114503  by WildEye

It's a great set. I'm loving it. Been popping those discs in a lot more to jam at home with lately.... Good bonus stuff too.
 #114548  by TheMissingDigit

I think the best part of some of the shows is seeing an animated Brent and Jerry. The interplay between them is great fun to watch and I really think the 2 were playing for each other at times. A few times they look like they are cheshire cats that are in on a practical joke together.

Jeff
 #115052  by feelikeastranger

TheMissingDigit wrote:I got the set and love it. I had not seen most of these in many years and I have enjoyed seeing them again. I brought the whole set into work and have it running on a second monitor. Productivity has plummeted.

Haha what do you do ? i wish i had a job where you can play Dead dvds all day.
 #115061  by WildEye

One of the discs is bonus material. There are 6 unreleased songs plus a doc by Justin Kreutzmann and a new Lemieux interview. Also there's a bonus disc in the GD movie (not sure if that's been released before).
 #115165  by feelikeastranger

WildEye wrote:One of the discs is bonus material. There are 6 unreleased songs plus a doc by Justin Kreutzmann and a new Lemieux interview. Also there's a bonus disc in the GD movie (not sure if that's been released before).

Hows the documentary ? alot of good shit ?
 #115174  by TI4-1009

feelikeastranger wrote: Haha what do you do ? i wish i had a job where you can play Dead dvds all day.
Ya just gotta poke around... :lol:
 #115364  by WildEye

I think so - and have also given it as a gift to a couple folks who were appreciative to say the least. My "decompress valve" is to try and get 1/2-1 hr of time to play along with my favorite tunes (90% dead). Having video makes it better - and yeah you can do youtube (I do) or archives (but I find a lot of stuff is not 440) and these discs are all in the right speed and have better sound quality than online and like I said in an earlier post I'm digging it. If you can spare the cash go for it. Also released by a small label (shout factory) and I feel good supporting their decision to make it - if this doesn't lose money they are more likely do more of the same genre. But to answer the question... I have already gotten more of a "kick" playing with these DVD's than a new pedal...(note* I'm not a pro just a guy who loves to play and hear music). Just my opinion. Anyone else on this board get it? What's your opinion?
 #115721  by Lunchbox16

I bought this and it's been great. I already owned the Grateful Dead Movie (Blu-Ray) and the Closing of Winterland, but I don't mind having doubles.

This has been great for when my kid is sick. I just pop in a DVD and he's transfixed. Get'em hooked early!