rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#111602  by BillyBrown1
 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 am
Anybody see the Headcount tri broadcast from last night where Bob gets slapped with a twitter question about being a Bohemian Grove member? He stumbled through his answer and told a story about him drinking with the dude who invented the C.I.A and he goes there cause its the only place to rub elbows with people of that caliber...Geez Bob :shock:
 #111622  by waldo041
 Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am
BillyBrown1 wrote:Anybody see the Headcount tri broadcast from last night where Bob gets slapped with a twitter question about being a Bohemian Grove member? He stumbled through his answer and told a story about him drinking with the dude who invented the C.I.A and he goes there cause its the only place to rub elbows with people of that caliber...Geez Bob :shock:
yeah, i saw that, but have no comment other then i really enjoyed Bob playing with that band. really good show!

peace,
waldo
 #111625  by jahozer
 Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 pm
Bobby and Mickey have played there.
 #111662  by BillyBrown1
 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 am
Mr.Burns wrote:So, is he a member or was he just a guest?
Ya him and mickey are members...You know it makes ya wonder iv seen the dead slip more and more into the political arena since Jerry passed...And one of the things I liked about the Grateful Dead is they stayed out of it...It was all about the music
 #111665  by strumminsix
 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 am
BillyBrown1 wrote:
Ya him and mickey are members...You know it makes ya wonder iv seen the dead slip more and more into the political arena since Jerry passed...And one of the things I liked about the Grateful Dead is they stayed out of it...It was all about the music
Very much agree, BB1. I also liked how when there was talk it was about causes not politics/politicians.
 #111679  by jeffm725
 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 pm
 #111688  by TI4-1009
 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm
BillyBrown1 wrote:
Ashes ashes, all fall down.
 #111691  by The Stag
 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:40 pm
BillyBrown1 wrote:
I agree I dont think they should use their touring as a campaign for a certain person, I think they should stick with their music like they used to.
mmkay
 #111793  by paulinnc
 Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 pm
I forgot about that. I do think it is kind of sketchy that he is a member, but from what I understand is that he was asked to perform there and became a member. There are some great bohemian grove videos out there of some really weird stuff.
 #112815  by jahozer
 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am
well, Micky is connected with DC with his work with the Smithsonian, and they are pretty powerful rich california dudes. Its really not much of a stretch.