#908  by jck_strw

I'll chime in. d--There's nothing you've posted that I haven't found very useful. I think the Tank is fantastic. I'm learning more here than I do at my weekly guitar lesson. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll take anything you have. You obviously have a ton of information and you take a lot of time to explain it all. Different scales and different arrangement ideas definitely would appeal to me. I'm not sure if you do any finger picking, but any finger picking information you have would be great. Arrangements for other instruments (I thought I remember you saying in another post that you had some arrangements for mandolin and/or banjo) would be great too.

But I don't want to limit you. You've been doing a helluva job on your own, so if you keep on keeping on, I'm fine with that. Just don't stop.

Thanks again.

#915  by jahozer

d wrote:Hey jahozer, what do you think of the tank? Do you think people wanna
hear about differnet scales? Should I get into more complex diatonic
sequences? Maybe different arrangement ideas. Have you found anything
of interest so far? Sorry to bother you, just wondering.
Yes d, I think the tank and your contributions to it are great. I think more players could use more theory.
I am a bit of a theory geek, and am slowly learning to accept the "rock" way of looking at things. I really find the use of other scales in a "regular western" setting great. It is rare to find a way to incorporate exotic scales into a solo without the rest of the cats being in on it.
I also look at things in a major light. In other words, I am diatonically based in my aproach. So anything you can add for diatonic sequences would greatly add to the general dialogue.

To those that are fairly anti-theory and feel it hinders their individuality I would like to add some advice in terms of remembering all of this and how to aproach it. Here it is best to paraphrase Miles Davis and his "learn it, then forget" aproach. Once you get this stuff down, you don't have to think about it anymore and it just becomes second nature. More tricks in the bag. :twisted:

#1123  by Yesterdays gone home

I have put a couple of posts in the Think Tank area that are on a simliar subject to this one, check them out.

I will be putting some more up in there. We can make it a great learning and reference place. This a wonderful site and we can help make it even better.