#107618  by TI4-1009

I noticed the link on the Home Page to the Syracuse War Memorial story. I'm a veteran of some of those early 70's shows at the venue. I was a student at SUNY Oswego in those days and used to catch the Dead when they would come through at either the Syracuse or Rochester War Memeorials, the Utica Aud, Broome County Civic Center in Binghampton, one show at SUNY Cortland. I remember some of those Syracuse shows where the NRPS opened and the Dead played until after midnight- 5-6 hours of Jerry!

Favorite memory- 9/17/73. Double-dated with my new girlfriend and my wife and her boyfriend (it was the 70-'s- don't ask...). Donna sang "You Ain't Woman Enough". Glances all around... :oops:

JGB played up at Oswego in 1980.
 #107641  by tcsned

That JBG show in 1980 was epic. It was a good friend's first show.
 #107646  by mgbills

Saw me many shows at Syracuse War Memorial. REO, Journey, :oops: AC/DC...eventually got right & saw Jerry & the Boys at the SCarrier Dome. Not really sure why I'm posting this, other than I woke up a 3:00 am and couldn't re-lose consciousness.

Saw a great GD show at the Rochester War Memorial. Sold out. Found my all-time favorite tie dye on the ground. Was selling religious materials on tiny pieces of paper (good religion comes in small packages) and realized that a cop on horseback was right behind me. Thought I was going to the BigHouse for a mighty long time. He just gave me a wave like "Keep it Down." :cool:

Yikes! Perhaps I should ramble less.

Peace Brothers & Sisters.
M
 #107647  by TI4-1009

tcsned wrote:That JBG show in 1980 was epic. It was a good friend's first show.
I just found it and burned it earlier today!

http://www.themidnightcafe.org/?p=3073
 #107690  by WildEye

I've downloaded part 2 a couple times and still getting an error... this happening to anyone else?