rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#107093  by jackevorkian
 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:18 am
I had the urge to upgrade from VHS to DVD and was surprised to find out that Dead Ahead, Ticket to New years, Downhill from Here and So Far are no longer available on DVD. When did they stop selling these?

I have everything else already on DVD, but as far as I can tell, the only thing still readily available is the GD movie and Truckin Up to Buffalo.
 #107113  by Tennessee Jedi
 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 am
jackevorkian wrote:
If you look at the prices...it's $60 for Dead Ahead, $50 for Buffalo, Ticket to New Years is only available used, View From the Vault is $60. For some reason these videos aren't readily available anymore.
Wow - didnt see how much they were !
Do what I do
Hit up my buddy's ! :-)
 #107131  by Voodoonola
 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:57 pm
jackevorkian wrote:I had the urge to upgrade from VHS to DVD and was surprised to find out that Dead Ahead, Ticket to New years, Downhill from Here and So Far are no longer available on DVD. When did they stop selling these?

I have everything else already on DVD, but as far as I can tell, the only thing still readily available is the GD movie and Truckin Up to Buffalo.
That's probably why I was able to up so many shows.
I would think they would want to take advantage of them.
Guess not.
 #107135  by mttourpro
 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 am
Voodoonola wrote:
jackevorkian wrote:I had the urge to upgrade from VHS to DVD and was surprised to find out that Dead Ahead, Ticket to New years, Downhill from Here and So Far are no longer available on DVD. When did they stop selling these?

Guess not.
VDNOLA---just had to thank you for all your kindness---It's VERY appreciated. Rock On!
 #107137  by Billbbill
 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 am
mttourpro wrote:
Voodoonola wrote:

Guess not.
VDNOLA---just had to thank you for all your kindness---It's VERY appreciated. Rock On!
+ 1
Thanks SO MUCH! Been checking your vids out for a while now! (I'm billbbill on yt too)
 #107154  by mijknahs
 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm
mttourpro wrote:
Voodoonola wrote:

Guess not.
Same here! Love the early/mid 80's vids you have made available.