rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#101783  by vwjodyme
 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 am
most shows are just postponed. It is weird though that he would still be playing with furthur and doing some solo shows...so that wipes out the 'exhaustion/illness' or 'needs more time' thoughts.
 #101786  by seamones
 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am
It doesn't rule out exhaustion, my SWAG is that it is exactly that. He just got off a huge Furthur tour....
 #101790  by Scott Bardolf
 Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm
He just booked a Ramble up in Woodstock for Sept. 2nd. Weird that he's canceling and booking in the same week? It definitely wasn't due to poor ticket sales, Westbury sold out.
 #101857  by Chuckles
 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if the heat from the tour didn't get to him and he needs a few weeks to get together. It's been a brutal couple of weeks on the east coast and they played outside every gig. John said it was a sweaty affair through and through.

"anyone who sweats like that"...
 #101872  by dogfood1
 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 pm
I've heard from a couple unreliable sources that he's just not ready to tackle all the material solo yet. If you watched the Tri-Studios show, he was certainly working out a lot of kinks in the music. On the bright side it sounded like he was actually singing rather than the 'word jazz' he seems to be doing lately.
 #101879  by rugger
 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:48 pm
On the bright side it sounded like he was actually singing rather than the 'word jazz' he seems to be doing lately.
He sounds like William Shatner at times--downright awful. They need to let JK sing more, imo.

John in San Diego
 #103106  by vwjodyme
 Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 pm
just got an email from ticketmaster saying Portland is canceled and they will be refunding...hopefully gdtstoo will be doing the same

:cry: