#101018  by donkeypunch

Mine changes from time to time...was on a West LA Fade Away high for the last couple of months.....recently I can't wait till we get to Eyes of the World in the set.....just such a cool flow
 #101535  by William-O

My favorite is always changing. Right now I like playing Shakedown, and Darkstar if I'm playing with the right bass player.
 #101540  by strummingturtle

I am with you on the eyes. Love extending these jams very open, yet it jugs along at a nice tempo (120 beats per minute give or take a few). The next two that come to mind for me is loser and cassidy.
 #101544  by tigerstrat

strummingturtle wrote:I am with you on the eyes. Love extending these jams very open, yet it jugs along at a nice tempo (120 beats per minute give or take a few).
There are a few 80's ones that go that fast (some great ones, like 2/27/81, 9/15/87, 9/12/81, 6/30/87) ... try on the 73-74 era ones for relaxed and sunny.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Other One... but if I got to pick 2 I would add Dark Star: between these two tunes there are endless convolutions. Like snowflakes, or the game of Chess.
 #101933  by desireindisguise

right now a few....

Deal, for it's C#7 and the crazy sounds you can make in that spot.

Stranger, for the few key changes, plus usually don't jam in B for alot of things, the coordinated outro.

right now (and at this weekends festival) we're doing my all time fav:

Playin>>>
Jam>>
Lucy in the Sky >>>>>
Jam>>>
Drumzzzzzz>>>
Playin'

just for the weirdness in the space jam 8)

and who can forget omsn when you're gigging on a saturday? 8)
 #102144  by donkeypunch

desireindisguise wrote:right now a few....

Deal, for it's C#7 and the crazy sounds you can make in that spot.

Stranger, for the few key changes, plus usually don't jam in B for alot of things, the coordinated outro.
right now (and at this weekends festival) we're doing my all time fav:

Playin>>>
Jam>>
Lucy in the Sky >>>>>
Jam>>>
Drumzzzzzz>>>
Playin'

just for the weirdness in the space jam 8)

and who can forget omsn when you're gigging on a saturday? 8)

Stranger is great...we've altered the ending now....we gave up the end Fm to end it for a little twist, we actually end on the drawn out A then go into the Slipknot riff then right into Franklin's. Then we end Frankilins with the Slipknot riff as well. Sounds killer.
 #103180  by strummingturtle

Our band just started digging into expressway and I am having a great time with it. Next practice we are going to try to go from expressway into cissy strut by the meters. Should be fun. Eyes into fire has been a great launching point for us lately. Would have loved to see the dead do this, it works so well.
 #103183  by mkaufman

Stranger is great...we've altered the ending now....we gave up the end Fm to end it for a little twist, we actually end on the drawn out A then go into the Slipknot riff then right into Franklin's. Then we end Frankilins with the Slipknot riff as well. Sounds killer.
Fm??? Did you mean F#m?

mk
 #106200  by 600lbsofSin

Queen Jane has been fun lately
Peggy O
Row Jimmy
Cumberland is fun because you can just rock the G for as long as you want
Jack-a-Roe

The list goes on. I use a loop station to set up the progression and then I solo. Right now Im lookin for drums and bass to join the party...

In the LA area...
 #106217  by Jon S.

With my band it's probably our transition from He's Gone into The Other One.
 #106254  by JonnyBoy

We have had fun with going into West LA from the jam in Slipknot! then back to slipknot and into Franklins... Favorite jam right now is Terrapin for me. Even though it is structured at the end, the power snd dynamics of the end jam is intoxicating for me. Dark star and Slipknot jam is pretty cool too.....
 #106294  by tnbrdsng

All-time favs:

Reuben & Cherise (the outro jam can get plain silly ala Furthur)
Help/Slip!/Frank, of course - groovy/chaotic/uplifting
Eyes
the obvious; Dark Star
Foolish Heart.. love extending that E7 lead section as long as humanly possible then slamming back into that verse

Current favs:
Althea
Playin' > UJB > Playin'
Jack Straw
Corrina

It is a constant rotating cycle of favorites for me.

First post by the way, though I've lurked around for a long time.