Talk about the recent Tours
 #95148  by ugly rumor

Anyone know why Phil switched to Eden cabinets?
 #96187  by CoolBreeze

Heading out for the Spaceship in 3 . . .2 . . 1
 #96189  by tcsned

CoolBreeze wrote:Heading out for the Spaceship in 3 . . .2 . . 1
Can't wait, haven't been there since the Warlock shows!
 #96243  by mttourpro

To those going to Hampton---I think you're in for a great show! I hear the Pranksters are gonna be there and it is April Fools....I wish I was there.

This band exceeded my expectations all around. Very well played show with some great jamming and segues throughout. Very large ears these guys have and I will see them again as I think it's the best post GD thing I've seen. They are really jelling as a band and I hope they keep this going for a long while.

Thanks again Erock for the kind ticket---that was a great seat and seeing as that's the only show I'll see I really appreciated getting to be in a nice seat. A quick reveiew....

Set 1
Feel like a stranger--Solid, good jams throughout.
Til the morning comes---well-played, a rareity I enjoyed a lot.
Loose Lucy---solid as well---nice 3 songs to start
Pride of Cucamonga---Blues jam in the E-part was SICK---really dug how they did this one--first one I caught with this band.
Big River---meh---nothing wrong with it but without the Brent solo, I just can't quite dig this one like I used to.
Althea----way sick---huge jams by JK and Jeff
Colors of the rain---Phil vox---pretty cool new tune. I liked it
Masons children--Simply Thumping. Best version I've heard post-Jer.

Set 2
Estimated Prophet>---One for the ages--this song/jam was the highlight of the show for me
Eyes of the world>See above. Killer segue into the Rider--blasting on all levels.
I know you rider---solid---JK's solo was mighty Jerry-like.
Golden Slumbers>Very nice--very tight. glad they're playing a few beatles tunes since finishing Abbey Road in NY. Let's the backgroung singers shine a bit.
Carry that weight>thought we were getting the whole medley---very abrupt transition into the Wheel, but well played.
The Wheel>More great jamming and excellent segue.
So many roads>Really good. JK not afraid to do the ballads---seemed a bit long though and brought the energy down a notch
The Other One>more sick jams...pretty trippy.Phil was having a blast all show.I think I'm finally used to Bob putting big breaks in the vox.
Caution>I wasn't sure what this was with Bob singing it....liked warren on vox with the Dead a bit better I think. Heavy jams though.
Gimme some lovin---Rockin---how can anyone not dig this tune.
*Donor rap
E-Brokedown Palace---Bob has no business singing this song IMO.

All in all, a grate show/great scene too (minus the tragedy) and I want to see another real soon.
 #96248  by tcsned

Thanks for the review mttourpro - looking forward to tonight! My first visit to Hampton since the Warlock shows w/Jer on Wolf. Some of the best shows I saw went down at this place.
 #96257  by strumminsix

MT, how did you feel about a big chunk of set 2 taken by Beatles covers?

I don't care for that when there is so much GD material they need to play!
 #96262  by mttourpro

strumminsix wrote:MT, how did you feel about a big chunk of set 2 taken by Beatles covers?

I don't care for that when there is so much GD material they need to play!
Well, I'm a really big Beatles fan so I dug it just fine. It wasn't that big a chuck (not even close to the 30+ minute goo-fest that Est>Eyes>Rider was), maybe 10 minutes or so, and I would vote for it again. Plus, I'm sure they put some serious practice time in to do that album and I can't blame them for wanting to get a little extra mileage outta them....And, those particular tunes are just such great songs....once there was a way......to get back home....thought that was kinda appropro given Bob and Phil had not been to town together since 2002.
 #96303  by tcsned

Great April Fool's Day show! China Cat - Shakedown was cool, interesting transition. Octopus ' Garden & Bathroom Window from The Beatles were both well played. The Fool in the Rain Zep cover was the highlight of April Foolishness. Joe Russo is badass, he really nailed the Bonham drum lines in "Fool" and generally keeps the band together. I think the backup singers are starting to find a space where they are really filling in the vocals well. JK played the PRS all night and was in fine form, Wier played the Gibson semi-hollow until the early 2nd set and switched to the Strat for the rest. They are played well and played well together. It was good to return to the Spaceship after 22 years!

Right On!!
 #96395  by CoolBreeze

tcsned wrote:Great April Fool's Day show! China Cat - Shakedown was cool, interesting transition. Octopus ' Garden & Bathroom Window from The Beatles were both well played. The Fool in the Rain Zep cover was the highlight of April Foolishness. Joe Russo is badass, he really nailed the Bonham drum lines in "Fool" and generally keeps the band together. I think the backup singers are starting to find a space where they are really filling in the vocals well. JK played the PRS all night and was in fine form, Wier played the Gibson semi-hollow until the early 2nd set and switched to the Strat for the rest. They are played well and played well together. It was good to return to the Spaceship after 22 years!

Right On!!
Not to mention the "Saturday Night" opener! It had been 24 years since I'd been there. JK had the Vantage as back up. And +1 on Russo- just phenomenal!

SO- what is going on with the monitors on-stage? Pretty sure they weren't there last year. Are they using a mix of in-ear/traditional monitors? It struck me when I was listening to them playing "Cosmic Charlie" from a few nights back, and Phil tells everyone (over the PA) "Let's slow it down". Unless they have always been there- and I just missed it (happens sometimes :D )
 #96435  by NWPines

Just got word from a friend that the details are being ironed out for a 3 night run at the Curthbert in Eugene mid to late September.
 #96465  by erock

mttourpro wrote:
Thanks again Erock for the kind ticket---that was a great seat and seeing as that's the only show I'll see I really appreciated getting to be in a nice seat. A quick reveiew....

No problem, Just passing along the good ticket karama. How did your set go after the show? When i got back to my house, I almost headed back out, but having to work the next day, and seeing my nice bed there made me stay