Talk about the recent Tours
 #94319  by playingdead

jdsmodulus wrote:DSO Bobby= Rob Eaton
Personally I think he ROCKS. By far the best "bobby" out there. :hail:
Oh, man ... Jimbo's better! Watch this in HD and say it ain't so ... nobody outBobbies Jimbo.

#94320  by JonnyBoy

Yes I have noticed the small egg crate baffles, I am wondering the advantage there too. maybe to avoid sonic microphonics from other instruments?

+1 on JIMBO!!!!
 #94322  by strumminsix

Those dudes are pushing out hundreds of watts of volume. My guess is it just a sound dampener.

Regarding Bobbys. As a Bobby I find different strengths among all of us.
 #94324  by jdsmodulus

Now Vic...I like Jimbo just as much as the next guy! I have known him for years and Ive seen him play with DSO. That being said....He is in the top group as they say of "bobbys" out there. Eaton on the other hand is far more consistent and stronger vocally. I will give you that on a good night, Jimbo soounds a little more like Bob but I personally like they was Eaton makes it "his own". Which one is better? It doesnt matter they are both great!
Great Estimated by the way! :hail:
 #94335  by playingdead

Eaton's definitely the better guitarist. But vocally, in terms of pure Weir-like falsetto range, overall voice timbre and power, and potential for cheese, no one puts Jimbo in the corner, in my opinion. He's a freak of nature. That's why he was chosen to replace Eaton in DSO in the first place and probably would still be in the band had fate not intervened. After all, DSO's mission is (was) to sound just like the Dead, and that was at its peak with JK singing Jerry and Jimbo singing Bob. I've heard some of the tapes from that era. It was a real "close your eyes and guess" thing at times, especially with Scott Larned doing the Brent keys. Eaton has a powerful voice and is a fine singer, but it doesn't sound all that much like Weir's voice -- not that there's anything wrong with that. Mattson doesn't sound like Garcia singing, and they are still by far the best Dead cover band out there ... well, except maybe for Furthur :shock:
 #94338  by jdsmodulus

I agree with all of that.

now back to the thread about the gear! Mainly JM rack tool.