rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #69728  by jdsmodulus
 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:46 am
waldo041 wrote:last night's reuben and cherise. i'd love to compare this to a warren and the dead version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKBXskxI64[/youtube]


peace,
waldo
I listened to the stream. I thought it was very good but they should have left Reubin alone. I guess the thing is, when you listen to Furthur, it sounds great but then dont make the mistake of listening to the GD or JGB right after. I still think this is better than any of the previous bands!
 #69729  by RiverRat
 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:49 am
waldo041 wrote:last night's reuben and cherise. i'd love to compare this to a warren and the dead version!

peace,
waldo
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBKBXskxI64&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBKBXskxI64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fixed yer link!
 #69732  by keirweir
 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 am
Side note...


Russo is a sick drummer and this band is just going to get better. I would rather hear JK sing Reuben than Bob sing Days between. I have noticed Bob playing alot of GD bobby style too. Can't wait for Manchester! Rusty the Scoob we are going to party...

another side note... just scored floor seats for UMass
Last edited by keirweir on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #69736  by Rusty the Scoob
 Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm
keirweir wrote:Side note...


Russo is a sick drummer and this band is just going to get better. I would rather hear JK sing Reuben than Bob sing Days between. I have noticed Bob playing alot of GD bobby style too. Can't wait for Manchester! Rusty the Scoob we are going to party...
Yes we are! :cool: :hd: :cheers:


I totally agree with JSM above. It's my favorite post-Jerry lineup so far (although I'm listening to a 2007 P&F with heroin era Trey which is in the running) - but you can't really compare it to any Jerry era. Why was I born so damn late? :?
 #69737  by Stevo123
 Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:30 pm
Good stuff, listened to a few of the songs on the archive. Bob's definitely leading the show as usual of late, hehe. Which I love but I'd like to see JK take a bigger role in the overall sound as the tour goes on. I'm sure that will start to happen as they get more comfortable together. Looking forward to seeing where they're at by february when I see them in atlanta.
 #69985  by jahozer
 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 pm
Went Saturday Asbury Park. Good show. It could have been louder, though. Its just nice hearing it the way its supposed to sound. My wife was actually a bit disappointed. She liked it but thought it was too mellow. She has been used to the chicken pickin phil shows of late. Plus I think if the sound were more enveloping she would have felt more a part of it. We just saw the two philly phish shows, which is a bit more in your face and a bigger production with the lights and all.
Im just happy to hear that sound, still!
 #70231  by al.hurst
 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 am
Im gonna be going to the Atlanta show in march. The first time i have seen Bobby OR Phil. I hope its half as good as Panic :D
 #71550  by High Peaks
 Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 pm
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
keirweir wrote:Side note...


Russo is a sick drummer and this band is just going to get better. I would rather hear JK sing Reuben than Bob sing Days between. I have noticed Bob playing alot of GD bobby style too. Can't wait for Manchester! Rusty the Scoob we are going to party...
Yes we are! :cool: :hd: :cheers:


I totally agree with JSM above. It's my favorite post-Jerry lineup so far (although I'm listening to a 2007 P&F with heroin era Trey which is in the running) - but you can't really compare it to any Jerry era. Why was I born so damn late? :?

If you are talking about 10-20-07 Glens Falls Civic Center than your wrong about two things.

1.) Trey was not junked out. He was actually living in Saratoga Springs and attending rehab. From what I hear from local friends who attended rehab with him, he is serious about it this time and seems to be happy. He was like a powderkeg that night as he hadn't played out in over 6 months.

2.) If it was that show, you can absolutely compare it to The Grateful dead. I only got to see 24 shows with Jerry(22 Dead, 2 JGB) dating from 88-94, but that show of P & F from 10-20-07 really stands up there. Its definitely better(IMO) than anything post 1993.

Just my .02
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10