rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #64482  by Grateful.Ed
 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 pm
Will debut Sept 18-20 at the Fox in Oakland.

Does anyone have any info on this?

My guess is no Warren. No Billy. Micky?....maybe Jackie Greene for Lead/Jerry Vocals?

Bobby mentioned a trying a quartet in an interview prior to the Dead reunion.
 #64489  by waldo041
 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:53 pm
this was a sore subject in the past. i for one have seen pretty much all the guitarist they have used. i have always been on the side in favor of this! but others have a different opinion. imagine all the tunes they couldn't do, they have the whole catalog back! this band will eventually have 2 well known drummers in it once their outside commitments are filled. then it it's on!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

peace,
waldo
 #64490  by Billbbill
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:59 am
Wow - Very interesting & great for JK! Let's hope they let him sing! :smile:

They'd seemed to have done all they did in the past to NOT have a "jerry style clone". I guess they worked thru whatever issues that had 'blocked' that previously. Just 3 shows announced? Testing the waters maybe? Or scheduling issues?
 #64491  by darkstar
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:55 am
WOW! This is pretty cool news. I sure hope they do more shows than announced. Man, John must be grinning ear to ear! What an awesome dream gig. I agree with Waldo too.

Peace.

-Tony
 #64496  by wisedyes
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:17 am
So is there an actual press release to read or more info available about this? I went to Phil's site as mentioned but all that I saw was the video montage thing going on.

I'd hate to see them do something without Billy and Mickey - i thought those two were playing the best they had together for a long time the last tour in the spring.
 #64497  by phpbb
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:28 am
Billbbill wrote: guess they worked thru whatever issues that had 'blocked' that previously.
like dropping Mickey and Billy?

Good for John, though, that's a great accomplishment.
 #64499  by waldo041
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 am
i believe Billy has other comittments right now, and rehearsel time most likely is a factor. it's only a 3 night run so if it did Tour, the possibility is still there that Billy and Mickey may be there in the future. Hearing JK mesh with Bobby is awesome, BUT with Phil is truely a treat. This band will, IMHO, will be THE JAMBAND to see!!!!

What a perfect name for them also! FURTHUR!

peace,
waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #64500  by jdsmodulus
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 am
waldo041 wrote:i believe Billy has other comittments right now, and rehearsel time most likely is a factor. it's only a 3 night run so if it did Tour, the possibility is still there that Billy and Mickey may be there in the future. Hearing JK mesh with Bobby is awesome, BUT with Phil is truely a treat. This band will, IMHO, will be THE JAMBAND to see!!!!

What a perfect name for them also! FURTHER!

peace,
waldo
I only wonder if this is why Billy kind of dissed DSO the other day? I sure hope the Rythym Devils get on the bus!
 #64501  by Grateful.Ed
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 am
So...
1. if these guys play in september and maybe a few more in early october
2. Ratdog does the late october east coast
3. Phil does his 10 nites at nokia late Oct/Nov

Do they tour in a run up to NYE?
 #64503  by waldo041
 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:17 am
Grateful.Ed wrote:So...
1. if these guys play in september and maybe a few more in early october
2. Ratdog does the late october east coast
3. Phil does his 10 nites at nokia late Oct/Nov

Do they tour in a run up to NYE?
DSO and Ratdog are not booked for november. WINTER TOUR?????
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9