rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #62853  by ebick
 Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 pm
On Saturday June 20, 2009, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Jeff Chimenti and Robin Sylvester performed a fundraiser to support Senator Barbara Boxer 2010 re-election.

Ripple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51MQFMt- ... re=related

Imagine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ariHnCml0
 #62862  by Emoto
 Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am
I struggle to think of a politician more worthless than Boxer. She's awful. Ugh.
 #62866  by NashvilleMike
 Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:59 am
Emoto wrote:I struggle to think of a politician more worthless than Boxer. She's awful. Ugh.
That would be- Barbara "call me senator" Boxer. Watch it dude the only people more vicious than the right are the left.
 #62867  by Emoto
 Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 am
NashvilleMike wrote:
Emoto wrote:I struggle to think of a politician more worthless than Boxer. She's awful. Ugh.
That would be- Barbara "call me senator" Boxer. Watch it dude the only people more vicious than the right are the left.

:lol: You got that right.
 #62869  by Emoto
 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 am
hotasaPistol wrote:
My vote is for Nancy Pelosi.... :P
Hmm. It would seem that the choices are almost endless! :lol:

I think Mark Twain said it well:

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
 #62902  by hotasaPistol
 Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:30 pm
I can't speak for Emoto but I don't think saracastic is the right word.
I meant what I said about Nancy Pelosi and I would bet the farm he meant what he said also...again not putting words in his mouth but my comment was "sincere"
Pistol :!:
 #62976  by BuddhaG
 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 am
It surprises me that these guys think that Obama or Boxer or any of these Dems are actually gonna change anything... seems pretty shallow thinking to me... the Dems and the Reps are both part of the same problem... the big changes always come from the outliers...

Why isn't this benefit being played for the Green Party, at the very least? Or to raise money for refugees displaced from their homes as a result of US military action?
 #62978  by Emoto
 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:14 am
BuddhaG wrote:It surprises me that these guys think that Obama or Boxer or any of these Dems are actually gonna change anything... seems pretty shallow thinking to me... the Dems and the Reps are both part of the same problem... the big changes always come from the outliers...

Why isn't this benefit being played for the Green Party, at the very least? Or to raise money for refugees displaced from their homes as a result of US military action?
I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!! :lol:
 #62979  by strumminsix
 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am
Emoto wrote:I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!! :lol:
However, I've always wondered how the anti-gov't hippies turned into Democrats.
 #62980  by NashvilleMike
 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 am
BuddhaG wrote:It surprises me that these guys think that Obama or Boxer or any of these Dems are actually gonna change anything... seems pretty shallow thinking to me... the Dems and the Reps are both part of the same problem... the big changes always come from the outliers...

Umm...hmmm...the "outliers" are the problem. Extremism, from the right or left, (or anywhere for that matter) is never a good idea. Moderation and clear thinking is...oh fuck it. Nevermind...Let's do a number 1,2,3 and
strumminsix wrote:I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!!
Now that's the smartest thing said yet. Smaller government is the key...I don't want your restictions OR your handouts. Just leave me alone government.
 #62981  by strumminsix
 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 am
NashvilleMike wrote:
strumminsix wrote:I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!!
Now that's the smartest thing said yet. Smaller government is the key...I don't want your restictions OR your handouts. Just leave me alone government.
Mike, emoto wrote that, not me.