Talk about the recent Tours
 #60886  by krzykat

amyjared wrote:Enroute. I did too many tours in VW's slow, broke down, hitching, backpack and thumb some tickets, and my wits. Now, I'm in an RV, sitting in front of a computer, hauling up I-5 just passing through Salem. Music still blaring, Van the man helping the trip, a fridge, a bathroom all at our disposal. Driver staying sober for this eve, but the bouncing, throbbing beat of the highway is back in my blood, driving force, carrying me...I recall the beginnings, the feeling of being another Neal lusting for the road, traveling, moving, those rhythms that fill your body with spirit and joy..and the boys at the end, waiting to take me FURTHUR!!
beautiful man! thanx
 #60896  by jck_strw

I am on site. Have been since yesterday.

Everything here is awesome--gorgeous weather, slight breeze, good vibes, low security.

Headed in shortly to see the Doobies and meet up with amyjared. I was hoping for a killer setlist, but I just saw the second shoreline night setlist. I hope we get a list as good as that.
 #60898  by warrenMFKNhaynes

Set 1: Music Never Stopped ,Loose Lucy (BW,WH), Crazy Fingers (WH,BW), Dark Star Part 1(PL,BW,WH), Dire Wolf (BW), Tom Thumb Blues, Into The Mystic (WH), Man Smart Women Smarter

Set 2: Passenger > Hell In A Bucket, Althea(WH), Eyes Of The World (PL)> Obama Funk >Drums> Space> Days Between (BW) > Dark Star Part 2> One More Saturday night

Encore: Donor Rap, Box Of Rain

listened to it on XM. Great show. Other than the Dire Wolf, Bobby's Tin Can guitar playing on Into The Mystic, Phil singing eyes, the draged on Space, Bobby singing Days between, and the lack-luster Saturday Night, it was a verry impressive. And Musically the Eyes and Days Between were fantastic. Loose Lucy sounded Great. Passenger>Bucket was sick. And the Box Of Rain was beautiful with warren singing harmony at the end.

Wish i was there. :peas:
 #60923  by tigerstrat

well MF, I agree about the stuff you liked anyway. Phil did great vocals on the Eyes which was excellently jammed out. TTB and Mystic were super smooth, and Bucket was the big highlight for me, my "almost-forgetting-to-miss-Jerry" moment.

Speakin of too much Warren Mutron (from another thread), it seemed pretty unnecessary on the opening Music, and in Althea it seemed very extreme; all the delicacy of the melody drowned in "wow" sauce.

The best of all was the good old Beast climax to the drums... no Beam, but those Beast licks were classic.

WHAT A VIEW!!

Sorry I never ran into any ruk'ers... forgot to enter ph#'s in my phone before I drove. spotty service out there too. Had a really good jam with a bunch of Canadiens from BC in the NW pie section of the campground.
 #60924  by amyjared

listened to it on XM. Great show. Other than the Dire Wolf, Bobby's Tin Can guitar playing on Into The Mystic, Phil singing eyes, the draged on Space, Bobby singing Days between, and the lack-luster Saturday Night, it was a verry impressive. And Musically the Eyes and Days Between were fantastic. Loose Lucy sounded Great. Passenger>Bucket was sick. And the Box Of Rain was beautiful with warren singing harmony at the end.
Very insightful, especially for not ever being there! I echo TS, in that the Althea had too much on it from Warren, the Eyes and Passenger/Bucket were a highlight. I also thought Into the Mystic was great.

The interesting thing for me was that the music started at 3:30 and so did the partying and by the drums, we were pretty much out of beer, they stopped vending it, and the boys seemed to slow way down. The Days was good, but Warren should sing it, and it should be followed by something to really get us going. Sat Night wasn't enough to really pull those of us back who were starting to come down and the Box, while sweet, was somewhat of a let down after hearing about such great encores at Shoreline.

I was also disappointed that they didn't invite the ABB out to jam! At the Beacon, Phil and Bobby sat in and from what I heard, it went well. I took some good photos of Warren and Derek was standing right behind him watching. I thought for sure they'd jam at some point, especially when the ABB did The Other One, or Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, but it never happened. But all in all, it was incredible and I'm glad it was the last show, because after seeing it, I would have totally gone back on tour!! They were making it fun again!
 #60931  by seamones

Gotta agree with the passenger -> bucket sentiments. It rocked and included a "true" transition!

I loved Jeff's "Brent" keyboards on Days. Those huge B3 washes is just what that song needs. I liked the OMSN, Bobbys little one more time routine was kinda fun. Box was not a highlight for me. But again overall I was very pleasantly surprised.

No one seems to like Warrens employment of the autowah. He needs to limit not just the use, but the sweep. It kept reminding me of the "What I Am Solo" from the New Bohemians: dated and imitation.

That said, great show, great time. Good work guys.