rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #56582  by deadguise
 Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am
Saw Kreutzman in Santa Cruz (CA) last night, same old Bill (in a good way). He played with Oteil Burbridge from the Allman Bros. and Scott Murawski of Max Creek. I didn't know what to expect but it was like a power trio Dead band, very awesome. If he was trying to get his chops back for the Dead tour he never lost them.

#56592  by Pete B.
 Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:34 pm
Power Trio Dead Bands are where it's at!!!
:cool:
 #56596  by tigerstrat
 Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 pm
Woohoo! PeteB and I are both going to see the BKT this Sunday at the Crystal Ballroom, same room the Dead played in '68. We are each bringing a drummer pal, too. And while I'm at it I guess I'll check out Greyboy too... might be kinda good. :roll:
 #56687  by Pete B.
 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 am
Oh Man, those guys were great last night!
Billy has still got it in every way, playing brilliantly throughout!
I've never felt stronger about my desire to play out as a Dead based Tribute Trio.
Just great!
Thank You Billy!
 #56689  by tigerstrat
 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 am
Fan-flippin-tastic. Billy committed cold-blooded, fire-breathing MURDER last night. This band blows them all away!!! Hopefully, these guys will do a full-length show in this area close to the time of the Gorge show (since 2/3 of the band will be there anyway). Oteil was brilliant as expected... massive kudos to Scott Murawski for his heady guitar fusions. K is for KILLER!!