Talk about the recent Tours

#26876  by CaptainTrips

here is a rumor . . . . for what its worth

"i have it on decent authority that Trey will play the entire second set of the Phil and Friends show at the Glens Falls Civic Center on 10/20. Not the biggest rumor i admit...he does live in Saratoga Springs, a mere 20 minutes away. But still as far as i can remember Phil hasn't been here since '82 and i know Trey hasn't been here since '94. So i am excited to say the least."

from some sort of myspace message blog. Id fucking love that.

*I had a link but it was way too sloppy*
Last edited by CaptainTrips on Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

#26877  by krzykat

warrenMFKNhaynes wrote:i dont like DSO because they are so incredibly non original.. how long will they keep this up
Again they are a tribute band, The Machine has been touring for longer than DSO doing the same thing. be thankful that these bands are keeping the music alive. if you think they are unoriginal dont go to see them, but stop :? banging your head against a wall!

#26888  by Scary Pete

Long Distance Runner wrote:Just saw Phil last night and I was really impressed. I really liked the lineup and thought that Larry Campbell and Jackie Greene fit in well. Started slow but really picked up. Got lucky and got to see them play three sets, one acoustic, like they've only done at a few shows this tour. Third set was killer. Place was smoky as can be. Here's the Setlist:

Set 1: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Deal, Mexican Girl > Scarlet Begonias > I'm So Gone, Turn On Your Lovelight

Set 2 (Acoustic): Lost Highway, Tell Me Mama, Deep Elem Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Big Mon

Set 3: Playing In The Band > Cumberland Blues > Uncle John's Band > Mountains Of The Moon > Terrapin Station > I Know You Rider

E: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower
Yeah that was at the Tweeter Center (Camden, NJ) that's what we've been talking about...Anyone know how I could get a recording of this concert? I already have the Acoustic Set 2 from archive.org

#26915  by smile_smile_smile

it's on archive and etree!....love deadheads they get that beautiful music out to us so fast...very grateful tapers thanks

#26916  by smile_smile_smile

oh and i hope the trey rumor isn't true...no offense to trey, good in phish, imo bad with phil, plus i think he'll break up the flow and momentum the new plf have obtained, just my opinion.

#26952  by krzykat

smile_smile_smile wrote:oh and i hope the trey rumor isn't true...no offense to trey, good in phish, imo bad with phil, plus i think he'll break up the flow and momentum the new plf have obtained, just my opinion.
I agree, when Trey is on stage it eventually becomes all about Trey. No offense intended

#27020  by gratephulphish123

how reliable is this source? cause i'd rather pay $50 to see trey solo over a backing band than i would to just see phils new group. gotta love big red :D

i mean i'm just not excited at all for this lineup and at least this way i'd get to see one of my heroes for the first time live

#27050  by krzykat

I thought Trey was in rehab in Hawaii?