Talk about the recent Tours
 #98880  by Pete B.

I've heard 3 nights at Cuthbert (fri/sat/sun) the weekend of Sept 23/24/25.
I don't see any tickets on sale yet, (but I made a rez at the LaQuinta and the guy confirmed a "three-night-concert").
:cool:
 #98881  by NWPines

Pete B. wrote:I've heard 3 nights at Cuthbert (fri/sat/sun)
Yep, a friend of mine who works for Kesey Enterprises told me this is pretty much a done deal.

Pete, maybe I could talk you into a lesson or two while you're in town??
 #98882  by Pete B.

NWPines wrote:
Pete B. wrote:I've heard 3 nights at Cuthbert (fri/sat/sun)
Yep, a friend of mine who works for Kesey Enterprises told me this is pretty much a done deal.

Pete, maybe I could talk you into a lesson or two while you're in town??
Yeah Man, I'll be in town Fri afternoon-Sun afternoon that weekend, and will be staying at the laQuinta by Alton Baker park.
I brought an acoustic along last time and jammed with a guy from Alaska at the hotel, and some other guys in the lot.
Give a ring anytime.
Pete
503-621-8209
 #98883  by NWPines

Pete B. wrote:Yeah Man, I'll be in town Fri afternoon-Sun afternoon that weekend, and will be staying at the laQuinta by Alton Baker park.
I brought an acoustic along last time and jammed with a guy from Alaska at the hotel, and some other guys in the lot.
Give a ring anytime.
Awesome! I plan to take Fri off, or at least cut out early for some pre-show festivities, and will be around all weekend. I live about 5 miles from the Cuthbert, an easy bike ride. We should definitely try to connect. I'll PM you my info, it's always good to have a local contact just in case.

Kelley
 #98884  by mgbills

Awesome! Glad to hear this is actually happening. I just PM'd Pete about hookin' up in PDX. Didn't realize you also taught Pete. Love to hook up & Jam in Eugene too. I'll tell my wife we need nights at the LaQuinta. Gonna be awesome...especially if they mic the background singers down a bit. Whoops...that was a dig..
 #98886  by jdsmodulus

Im so there....I have heard Alpine, Red Rocks and Eugene! we can only hope! :cool:
 #98894  by seamones

Do you know what La Quinta means in English? The Quinta. True.

It is sold out for that weekend! Guess it is legit.
 #98952  by amyjared

3 Shows at the Cuthbert, I'm all over that! See you folks there. If there's jammin' going on, count me in as well.
 #98986  by vwjodyme

I haven't been to red rocks in around 15 yrs and never officially got in so i am thinking this is my chance.
two questions:
1. Anyone have any info on hotels or camping? i dont remember much there except a little strip of town, and most trip sites take you back into denver.

2. Anyone ever make the drive from the northeast? how long did it take and is it scenic at all? i don't think i've ever taken I-80, but the times i did 70 i remember thinking kansas would never end...just long and flat forever.
 #98989  by ebick

vwjodyme wrote:is it scenic at all? i don't think i've ever taken I-80, but the times i did 70 i remember thinking kansas would never end...just long and flat forever.
Take your pick......Nebraska, miles and miles of corn, or Kansas, miles and miles of nothing.
 #98998  by jester536

It's been forever since I've driven it...Montana to Jersey...and Colorado to Jersey. Grueling drives...no matter how you slice it there is one great big chunk of nothing out there. The drive will really take it out of you. Listen to David Bromberg's New Lee Highway Blues...sums it up..."eatin' carbonated crap and churning up inside...with nowhere to go from here but up or down that road...and nothin' over there but the same goddamn town"...great tune...tough drive.
Good Luck!
 #99001  by vwjodyme

ebick wrote: Take your pick......Nebraska, miles and miles of corn, or Kansas, miles and miles of nothing.
:lol: sounds like i'll be flying

thought it'd be cool to take the dog, but you guys are right i'd prob be spent by the time i got there and def wouldnt enjoy the ride home