Chat about Equipment Info
 #89629  by JonnyBoy

DeadAheadNH wrote:
modz wrote:A kind of a Schwag benefit! I'm just glad there are no more Dead ahead's out there;)

huh ?!?!?
I think that was sarcastic. :lol:
 #89636  by DeadAheadNH

JonnyBoy wrote:
DeadAheadNH wrote:
modz wrote:A kind of a Schwag benefit! I'm just glad there are no more Dead ahead's out there;)

huh ?!?!?
I think that was sarcastic. :lol:
Look at all the fun we could have with this ... DeadAheadAL,DeadAheadAK,DeadAheadAZ,DeadAheadAR,DeadAheadCA,
DeadAheadCO,DeadAheadCT,DeadAheadDE,DeadAheadFL,DeadAheadGA,
DeadAheadHI,DeadAheadID,DeadAheadIL,DeadAheadIN,DeadAheadIA,
DeadAheadKS,DeadAheadKY,DeadAheadLA,DeadAheadME,DeadAheadMD,
DeadAheadMA,DeadAheadMI,DeadAheadMN,DeadAheadMS,DeadAheadMO,
DeadAheadMT,DeadAheadNE,DeadAheadNV,DeadAheadNH,DeadAheadNJ,
DeadAheadNM,DeadAheadNY,DeadAheadNC,DeadAheadND,DeadAheadOH
,DeadAheadOK,DeadAheadOR,DeadAheadPA,DeadAheadRI,DeadAheadSC,
DeadAheadSD,DeadAheadTN,DeadAheadTX,DeadAheadUT,DeadAheadVT,
DeadAheadVA,DeadAheadWA,DeadAheadWV,DeadAheadWI,DeadAheadWY

It could be like Django's Hot Club(s) ... there's even a Hot Club of Portland with Bryan Killough doing an amazing Django :hail:
 #89662  by tcsned

DeadAheadNH wrote:
Look at all the fun we could have with this ... DeadAheadAL,DeadAheadAK,DeadAheadAZ,DeadAheadAR,DeadAheadCA,
DeadAheadCO,DeadAheadCT,DeadAheadDE,DeadAheadFL,DeadAheadGA,
DeadAheadHI,DeadAheadID,DeadAheadIL,DeadAheadIN,DeadAheadIA,
DeadAheadKS,DeadAheadKY,DeadAheadLA,DeadAheadME,DeadAheadMD,
DeadAheadMA,DeadAheadMI,DeadAheadMN,DeadAheadMS,DeadAheadMO,
DeadAheadMT,DeadAheadNE,DeadAheadNV,DeadAheadNH,DeadAheadNJ,
DeadAheadNM,DeadAheadNY,DeadAheadNC,DeadAheadND,DeadAheadOH
,DeadAheadOK,DeadAheadOR,DeadAheadPA,DeadAheadRI,DeadAheadSC,
DeadAheadSD,DeadAheadTN,DeadAheadTX,DeadAheadUT,DeadAheadVT,
DeadAheadVA,DeadAheadWA,DeadAheadWV,DeadAheadWI,DeadAheadWY

It could be like Django's Hot Club(s) ... there's even a Hot Club of Portland with Bryan Killough doing an amazing Django :hail:
lol- I am also in The Hillbilly Hotclub :-)
 #89709  by mikepand

my 2 cents :

I did my research when I picked Big Rhythm Wine. All the easy ones were taken so we went for something that I guess has a ring too it but mostly it's just unique so I wouldn't ever have this problem. I scoured lyrics and got it from the first line in Love in The Afternoon. Rhythm Wine touch of Jamaica. My crazy Jerry at the time said "Let's put Big in front of it!" and the name was born.

but anyway, That sucks for both of you. I made sure I avoided it cuz I've had to mildy threaten people that have tried to use my other band name Care Factor Zero. But the only reason I would and do defend it is that I trademarked it.

Jeff my friend, Trademark shakedown. It will cost you a couple grand but then you are bulletproof and you have Juice if you need it. Same for you Vic. You've earned the use of that name in your particular field. Without one you have some say, but its not bulletproof.
 #89712  by tigerstrat

mikepand wrote:my 2 cents :

I did my research when I picked Big Rhythm Wine. All the easy ones were taken so we went for something that I guess has a ring too it but mostly it's just unique so I wouldn't ever have this problem. I scoured lyrics and got it from the first line in Love in The Afternoon. Rhythm Wine touch of Jamaica. My crazy Jerry at the time said "Let's put Big in front of it!" and the name was born.

but anyway, That sucks for both of you. I made sure I avoided it cuz I've had to mildy threaten people that have tried to use my other band name Care Factor Zero. But the only reason I would and do defend it is that I trademarked it.

Jeff my friend, Trademark shakedown. It will cost you a couple grand but then you are bulletproof and you have Juice if you need it. Same for you Vic. You've earned the use of that name in your particular field. Without one you have some say, but its not bulletproof.
I of course did research it, over the course of several months while pondering whether "secede" from the mother group and while thinking of names. Looked for usage on myspace and facebook (by bands, not random Heads). Tried googling "Cats Under The Stars" + "tribute band", and +"tribute to Jerry", +"band called", "band named" etc., all the phrasings I could come up with.

Of course, with a verbatim song title like that there were a lot of JGB setlists to weed out, plus tribute setlists. The only bands that turned up with the name were very ancient pages referencing bands in Minneapolis and Chicago (Albert Lee's old non-tribute group from the mid 90's)- both had been inactive for 8-10 years.

Like I said before, it's not the fact that there is another band with the name, that is to be expected. If there wasn't one before, there would be one at some point, just like "UJB", or "Deadbeats", Jerry's Kids" etc. It's just a bit uncanny that the facebook page was titled so strikingly similar to ours. And of course, now I learn that facebook page names are unalterable and FINAL, otherwise I would change ours to set it apart a little more. I'm not going to ditch nearly 1000 fans and restart.

Oh well! Moving on, and I wish our fellow enthusiasts in VT happy Jerrying.
 #89713  by bpg21

Has anyone used " The Dreadful Grate"?
 #89729  by Rusty the Scoob

A good name helps a lot. I've known about Playin' Dead and knew the name Big Rhythm Wine long before I ever had a clue that I'd be entering the Deadhead musician world, and I almost never go see shows when I'm off.
 #89732  by mikepand

ya know, when we were naming the band we talked alot about the fact our name didn't scream GRATEFUL DEAD, and it was certainly a debate.

we had guys that wanted to call it Massive Head Rush. Fuck that!

I think it may be a little harder for us promo wise because of it tho. But we also do original music too so it works for us.

Originality is a good thing. I think that's what I like about Furthur. They are doing their thing and mixing it up a little. Taking it Furthur I guess.....
 #89741  by modz

DeadAheadNH wrote:

huh ?!?!?
The Schwag (I'm not a member anymore but I still play now and then) uses Dead Ahead too, as of a couple years a go... It was sarcasm at it's lowest form, sorry:) I had some friends called High 4, instead of high 5. I had the guitar player convinced that he needed to wack a finger off to get that Jerry boink and nub mute. I said it needed to be done with a dull hatchet. :cry:
Sorry about the sacrilege.........
 #89742  by jackr

There are a bunch of bands with the same name as mine. "The Fat Daddys"

My 5 year old son named us and I am sure he wasnt aware of any other bands with that name. He simply said "you guys should be called The Fat Daddys because you are all fat and you're all dads." And it stuck.

BTW gratefulnuge - You guys sound great. Thanks for posting that.
 #89749  by bdhact1

I was going to use the name "A Dead issue" or "Dead Issues". We haven't gotten out of the rehearsal stage yet, If ever; So it may not be used down here in florida.
 #90739  by bdhact1

I've now passed around to my band mates the name "Grateful Warlocks". They seem to like it so far. It may stick.