Chat about Equipment Info
 #92295  by TI4-1009

I sure hope he's OK. Nice guitars can do that to you...
 #104729  by claytushaywood

monroe wrote:ON the H-H-S, I was told to ask sales. I didn't call back to talk to a sales rep since I've already placed my order.

On the cavity, I found out through my own research that they actually make the main cavity big enough to fit the buffer, so for that part I should be good to go. They do add a 2nd cavity for the 9v battery with a nice battery door. I called about that, and the support rep transferred me to talk directly to the builder who is building my guitar. I thought that was pretty darn cool of them to let me talk straight to the builder. Unfortunately, he told me that adding the 9v cavity would mean I'd have no warranty at all, so I opted out of it. The main cavity should be big enough to include the 9v, and they do sell the battery door on the parts section of their site for $9, so I could always add it later myself.

So... carvin offers a a buffer with a 9v battery door, but if they install it without their buffer they wont give you your warranty?!?! thats just outlandish. am i understanding that correctly? did you ever post pics?
 #104733  by gr8fulbluz

I Think it voids the 10 day money back guarantee ? most special requests I think do because it creates problems when they try to resell something unusual, I dunno? It has been almost 10 years since I got mine, so i dont remember.
the back of my DC127 has the battery for the active electronics. It is stock, no mods.

Link to a picture of the back of mine, may or may not work I wish I had the tons of pictures of mine hosted somewhere like I used to, I suppose I could take new and make a new thingy. I am workin on it.
:cheers: